• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oregon Democrat proposes Bill to make tobacco "Prescription Only"

the nicotine nazis will never be happy until the stuff is gone forever.

the nicotine nazis will never be happy until the stuff is gone forever.

Stupid idea, but I don't think it should be able to be smoked in public places or in an inclosed area near kids.

I consider the large soda ban in NYC to be just as ridiculous.

Inside? No. When was the last time smoking was allowed in any sports arena?

People could smoke in the concourses (but not in the seating area) when I was in law school, so at least as recently as 2006. When did the indoor smoking ban go into effect in NC?

People could smoke in the concourses (but not in the seating area) when I was in law school, so at least as recently as 2006. When did the indoor smoking ban go into effect in NC?

I guess between 06-07.

As a light smoker, I don't mind the indoor smoking ban at all. I don't want to sit in smoke a lot of the time either.

People who freak out and pull their child close and cover them and go out of their way to shake their heads and make a face when they walk past a smoker are way over the top. It's amusing that they do that and then stroll their kid out to the parking lot and stand around while cars and trucks run their exhaust on their kids. I had one friend who had a new baby and I was coming over to check him out at about 2 or 3 weeks old. On the phone he got all weird and said "man, Im sorry, but I can't let you hold him because you smoke." I didn't really want to hold him anyway, but I just shook my head and laughed. Then when we were done his wife warmed up their F350 or whatever and we all stood around in the driveway saying our goodbyes with the kid in the carrier breathing in the diesel exhaust. silly

Back