• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

O'Reilly vs. Williams, Who You Got?

Williams vs. O'Reilly, Who You Got?

• Williams

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • O'Reilly

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ONW

Reaction score
http://www.inquisitr.com/1889497/bill-oreilly-lied-awards/

"Fox News personality Bill O’Reilly has spent the last few weeks fighting off charges that he lied or exaggerated about his personal involvement in dramatic historical events. He has been challenged on claims the he reported from “a war zone” during the Falklands conflict, that he was attacked with rocks and bricks during the Los Angeles “Rodney King” riots, that he saw nuns murdered in El Salvador and that he was present when a key witness in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy committed suicide.

In each case, the 65-year-old host of the flagship Fox News program The O’Reilly Factor appears to have at least stretched the truth and in some cases simply fabricated his tall tales."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/11/brian-williams-firing_n_6666002.html

"NBC journalists, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they have been warned not to speak publicly, told The Washington Post that they were stunned by how quickly Williams fell from one of the highest perches in broadcast news.

They also said they were not surprised by the allegations that Williams had inflated his involvement in news stories and what he supposedly witnessed while on assignment. They said his exaggerations were an open secret at 30 Rockefeller Plaza and became an inside joke, mostly because they were not made on “Nightly News.”"

Is it really legit to equate a newsman who was trusted with the objective reporting of the news with someone who has an stated opinion show with a stated biased point of view? They aren't the same thing. I don't get that. Plus one happened on the job and whose actions fashion the perceptions of the news/event (especially Katrina), while the other happened well before the dude was even on the air. It's like when the right complained about the "hate speech" of certain Dem congress members, and the response from the left was "Rush says things just as bad" and the story become about Rush. Same playbook.

IMO the actions of people serving in government and trusted news anchors who leverage the high standards of journalism should be held in much higher regard and with higher standards.....than openly biased political commentators (and fake news show comedians). Their transgressions should also be considered far more egregious.

Is it really legit to equate a newsman who was trusted with the objective reporting of the news with someone who has an stated opinion show with a stated biased point of view? They aren't the same thing. I don't get that. Plus one happened on the job and whose actions fashion the perceptions of the news/event (especially Katrina), while the other happened well before the dude was even on the air. It's like when the right complained about the "hate speech" of certain Dem congress members, and the response from the left was "Rush says things just as bad" and the story become about Rush. Same playbook.

IMO the actions of people serving in government and trusted news anchors who leverage the high standards of journalism should be held in much higher regard and with higher standards.....than openly biased political commentators (and fake news show comedians). Their transgressions should also be considered far more egregious.

stated opinion?

Yes, it's legit.

Again, someone should really tell all the conservatives out there who parrot FNC day in and day out that it all a big joke. They're missing out on the life according to Pourdeac

Fox Opinion Channel. We Opine. You Decide.

Is it really legit to equate a newsman who was trusted with the objective reporting of the news with someone who has an stated opinion show with a stated biased point of view? They aren't the same thing. I don't get that.

What happened to the inherent Liberal media bias? Now NBC is a trusted bastion of objective reporting?

Plus one happened on the job and whose actions fashion the perceptions of the news/event (especially Katrina), while the other happened well before the dude was even on the air.

"On his show "The O'Reilly Factor" in 2013, O'Reilly told a guest, "I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and then hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete. And the army was chasing us. I had to make a decision. And I dragged him off, you know, but at the same time, I'm looking around and trying to do my job, but I figure I had to get this guy out of there because that was more important."

It's like when the right complained about the "hate speech" of certain Dem congress members, and the response from the left was "Rush says things just as bad" and the story become about Rush. Same playbook.

Everybody uses that playbook.

So Fox News is off the hook because they are openly biased...just like fake news show comedians...see the above playbook you are criticizing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC8BBIwrbLU

ugh

Last edited:
Forgot to add that Williams was suspended for six months. O'Reilly is still on the air.

right? If you look into your TV and feel 'trust' for anything that comes out of it, the problem is you.

So typical of the libs.

Democrat's racist past brought to light -> Accuse a conservative of the same thing

Brian Williams gets caught lying and is suspended for 6 months -> Accuse a conservative of the same thing

Hillary Clinton gets caught using a private e-mail account as Secretary of State -> Accuse a conservative of the same thing

So typical of the pubs.

Find some OUTRAGEOUS thing a lib has done and outright dismiss the pub who did the same thing (or worse) as an example of liberal media bias (even though it was the liberal media that pointed out the original sin).

Forgot to add that Williams was suspended for six months. O'Reilly is still on the air.

Don't think Williams comes back, nor should he. Conservatives are absolutely certain that all lame stream media is biased, so why not just give BOR a token suspension while they "investigate". BOR may have threatened Fox that he'll walk if he's suspended, but there's no other suitable media outlet for him.

Back