• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Orlando/Disney Area

forensicdeac

Reaction score
First off, I know there are a ton of Disney threads and I have gone through them.

I am at a conference all week, staying at the Buena Vista Palace next to Downtown Disney. What are my options for dining/entertainment if I don't want to spend an arm and a leg or do the whole Disney thing? I am coming back in two weeks with the family and staying at Fort Wilderness for a week.

Any place where the locals go but not too far from Disney?

Thanks for any help.

If by locals you mean chain, there are plenty of options. Just get off international drive and you'll find something.

First off, I know there are a ton of Disney threads and I have gone through them.

I am at a conference all week, staying at the Buena Vista Palace next to Downtown Disney. What are my options for dining/entertainment if I don't want to spend an arm and a leg or do the whole Disney thing? I am coming back in two weeks with the family and staying at Fort Wilderness for a week.

Any place where the locals go but not too far from Disney?

Thanks for any help.

We've been to Fort Wilderness 3 times. Good Times.

What type of entertainment do you want?

There's fun Disney stuff to do that's better without kids.

Ph - nothing too wild or anything. We were just wondering where some decent places to hang out were, maybe live music or a good bar or restaurant. I am just trying to save my Disney overload and money for November when I come back with the family.

Honestly I think Downtown Disney is where a lot of locals hang out. I remember reading something a few years ago about how the downtown Orlando scene was hurting from competition from Downtown Disney.

Raglan Road at Downtown Disney isn't bad and has a nice bar.

Thanks for the tip. We are checking this place out tonight. If it is good I want to take my father there in a couple of weeks when we come back...give him a break from the kids

Great. Let me know how it is. We will check it out in a decade or so when we can go without kids. There are so many places I wish we knew about when we went before kids.

Orange Blossom Trail just south of I-4 has some nice, fun places.

Downtown Disney is dead before noon. Save it for late in the day.

Back