• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OS X lion (10.7)

PotentPotables

Reaction score
Apple's new OS released last week. Didn't see a thread on this yet; has anybody used it? I've had it a few days and am liking the new interface and touch gestures. But i'm definitely missing front row, since i use my iMac as my TV in my room.

I've heard a lot of gripes about the "natural scrolling." Any thoughts?

Feel free to turn this into a general tech thread...

I upgraded; I actually don't mind the 'natural scrolling' but it is easy to turn off in system preferences.

So far so good

I have mixed feelings. I like some of the features (I'm actually a big fan of natural scrolling and the other multitouch gestures). I'm not a fan of mission control and expose. I feel like they made one of the best parts of OS X more complicated than it needed to be. Also some bugs and it's a little slow on my core 2 duo mbp. I'm warming up to it, but I don't think this is the home run Apple normally gets.

Yeah, i have a couple issues with it -- the omission of front row is killing me, and i agree mission control is a bit overcomplicated -- but lion looks incredible. A really beautiful OS.

Little things like autocorrect are also a nice touch.

I'm most excited about the integration of icloud, so i'm awaiting my final judgement until icloud and iOS 5 are released.

I've used it a little. Problem is, since I got an iPad, I don't use my laptop as much anymore.

I'll upgrade once iCloud gets rolling. If Apple delivers on iCloud, it has insane potential.

Syncing between multiple devices has to be the #1 "why doesn't this just work" problem for the average user these days.

Bump...just got one of the new airs and it came with a $100 app store gift card for their summer student promo. Are there any must have apps for the computer that I can use this on or should I just blow it all on music and iphone stuff?

I haven't bought too many apps on the Mac App store. Most of the Apps I've downloaded have been free (Twitter, Facebox, Evernote, etc.).

Bump...just got one of the new airs and it came with a $100 app store gift card for their summer student promo. Are there any must have apps for the computer that I can use this on or should I just blow it all on music and iphone stuff?

Defs blow it on music and games.

If you haven't played world of goo for iphone/ipad, do that now.

um yes. world of goo and fruit ninja are my jam.

Back