• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oscar Nominations Announced Tuesday Morning

Best Picture Nominees:

War Horse
The Artist
Moneyball (wtf?)
The Descendants
The Tree Of Life
Midnight In Paris
The Help
Hugo (jesus)
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Some big upsets in the noms this morning...von Sidow, Nolte for Supporting Actor? No Fassbender or DiCaprio for Actor? Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close? Strange indeed.

Also, The Artist was fabulous. Liked it way more than The Descendants. It should walk away with Best Picture.

Yeah, The Artist is the clear front-runner. Can't believe Fassbender got passed over for Demian Bichir. Oldman really deserved the nom though, so I'm glad he got it. Also, Albert Brooks gets snubbed? Wow. I've heard pretty much unanimously that Extremely Loud is one of the worst movies of the year. I guess you can never count out a movie that deals with 9/11.

Also, happy to see Rooney Mara get the nomination, but I can't believe Dragon Tattoo didn't get nominated over Extremely Loud. That is just baffling.

Good Hugo got so many nominations. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Meryl Streep is nominated every year it seems.

Brad Pitt nominated for Best Actor for Moneyball?...seriously?

I usually don't care for him, but he was really, really good in that film. Not saying there may not be someone who might deserve the nod more, but its not indefensible to give it to Pitt.

Haven't seen many of the Best Pic nominees, but War Horse was very average save for Sarah Jessica Parker's (should've been nominated) wonderful performance as Joey the horse.

Yeah, I forget everyone loves movies that pander to them and treat them like little children and conveniently skip over historical content just so they can make their movie have a happy ending.

But yeah, I get a rager listening to Reznor's shit. He should win again this year for what he did with Dragon Tattoo.

Edit: And I would have picked Inception above TSN for best picture last year.

Haha, I was just messing with you man. Your meltdown after last year's Oscars was high entertainment.

Haven't seen many of the Best Pic nominees, but War Horse was very average save for Sarah Jessica Parker's (should've been nominated) wonderful performance as Joey the horse.

:LOLLERSKATES:

On the whole I like the nominations. Biggest snubs that I can think of are Drive not nominated for anything (how can Albert Brooks not be nominated?), Fassbender not nominated for Shame, and fucking Extremely Loud nominated for best pic over Dragon Tattoo, Drive or Tinker Tailor. But, since Malick got a nom, and Tree of Life got the BP nomination, I'm happy.

I may have to see Tree of Life, but I can't shake the perception that it's self-indulgent filmmaking at its worst. A 20-minute dino scene? Yikes.

Back