• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oscar Thread

Anyone seen Silver Lining Playbook? I have a friend that wants to see it, but it looks awfully like a chick flick.

Silver Linings is great. Funny and not a chick flick. Best De Niro performance in a long time.

The events leading up to the finale of SLP felt pretty contrived, but other than that it was great. Really surprised with how good Cooper was. Agree as well that DeNiro gave a great performance.

The events leading up to the finale of SLP felt pretty contrived, but other than that it was great. Really surprised with how good Cooper was. Agree as well that DeNiro gave a great performance.

Yes. Very well acted movie, but the ending was a little blah.

Anyone seen Silver Lining Playbook? I have a friend that wants to see it, but it looks awfully like a chick flick.

We saw it last night and we all loved it. Definitely not a chick flick.

Saw Zero Dark Thirty last night, which is of course set in Pakistan. While I was sitting in the theater, five minutes before the movie started, I got 2 calls on my cell phone from weird phone numbers. Rang once and call hung up both times. I googled the number and it originates FROM PAKISTAN.

Anticipating my visit from Homeland Security any minute now.

Awesome movie, by the way. The staging of the attack on Bin Laden's compound was unbelievably well done. The helicopter ride on the way there was one of the most exciting scenes I've ever seen in a movie.

Underrated part of that film:

"how's pakistan?"
Maya: "It's kinda fucked up."

The "I'm the motherfucker who found this house, sir" is definitely the quote of the year.

Last edited:
Especially because Pete from the League was the one to question her decision to say that. Massive fear boner for that lady.

The best part of the movie-going experience for Zero Dark Thirty was definitely the knowing rustle in the audience when Pete, Chris Pratt, and Henry Francis from Mad Men appeared on screen for the first time. When they showed Andy, I really wanted to scream, "MOUSERAT!!"

I'm no WakeFanatic, but I'm pretty good at calling the film the Academy is going to pick. I think Harvey is going to win again and SLP will sneak away with Best Picture. I haven't seen a film where everyone in it is an absolute wreck with their own set of issues. EVERYONE IS CRAZY in that film.

The best part of the movie-going experience for Zero Dark Thirty was definitely the knowing rustle in the audience when Pete, Chris Pratt, and Henry Francis from Mad Men appeared on screen for the first time. When they showed Andy, I really wanted to scream, "MOUSERAT!!"

Ms. Bigelow clearly watches the League and Parks and Rec because she's more bro than any of us. She's been bro since Point Break.

I started laughing when Pete came on screen.

Point Break should be nominated every year until it wins. It really has all the keys to life. I use it every day to guide my decision making process. Really looking forward to Point Break 2 once hello and I finish up the screenplay.

Point Break should be nominated every year until it wins. It really has all the keys to life. I use it every day to guide my decision making process. Really looking forward to Point Break 2 once hello and I finish up the screenplay.

I've seriously considered sitting down and writing that a few times. I have no idea why that has not happened yet.

It's because you haven't smoked peyote and chilled in the woods with me and rubbins yet

I'm working on doing this Indian sundance where you stand outside all day and stare at the sun, then when it sets you are hoisted in the air by bones pierced through your pecs and hung up in the rafters for a while. lots of peyote. I want to get one trial run in before burning man to make sure peyote is the way to go with this one. indian sundance bro. real.

Back