• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

I posted in the other thread but Turner is the favorite for the Rice job per Steve Bunin at Comcast SN Houston

SteveBuninCSN Verified account
‏@SteveBunin
Per Source: UC-Irvine's Russell Turner (Big West champs) - leading candidate to replace Ben Braun at @Rice. Why leave? Better conf, more $.

Wouldn't be my choice if I was Rice but the move does make sense.

Good luck to Turner with that Rice job. If he wins big there, then we can look at him again down the road sometime.

So I see there isn't much different than the last 70 pages...

So which is more desirable: Marshall playing coy and demanding a Brinks truck, or Moton all but begging for the job on Twitter?

Sorry I've been in the bathroom throwing up after hearing the idea of Moton running this gr8 program.

Ill take any of those middle tier guys if it means Moton can come on as #1 assistant

I don't think we can hand him the job just yet. 5 years or so? Yes

So which is more desirable: Marshall playing coy and demanding a Brinks truck, or Moton all but begging for the job on Twitter?

Moton retweets everybody. I'm sure he wants the job. So what. At least he didn't insult the program by saying we're not good enough to play NCCU. And no, that does not mean I'd take Moton over Marshall.

Mississippi St lost 13 straight games before entering the SEC tournament (won yesterday against Vandy).

I'm not worried about other jobs opening up before ours is officially available. The decision to let Bz go was made some time ago... A search has been underway. I'd imagine the folks in which we are interested are aware.

I'm not worried about other jobs opening up before ours is officially available. The decision to let Bz go was made some time ago... A search has been underway. I'd imagine the folks in which we are interested are aware.

People act weird when their alma mater is involved.

People act weird when their alma mater is involved.

Oh yeah, we could certainly lose candidates we like to other positions... I just meant that it wouldn't be because they didn't think we were interested.

And if Mike White wants to coach at Ole Miss that badly, I'm sure he'd at least consider waiting another year to potentially get that chance.

Back