• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OUTKAST

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
OUTKAST ANNOUNCES HOMETOWN ATLANTA CONCERT

Grammy-winning hip-hop duo to perform Saturday September 27 at Centennial Olympic Park in Downtown Atlanta

ATLANTA, GA - Hip-hop duo Outkast, comprised of Antwan “Big Boi” Patton and André "3000" Benjamin, have announced a hometown Atlanta performance celebrating the 20th anniversary of their debut. The group made waves this summer as the headline act at Coachella and various other music festivals around the world, and will continue the celebration in the city where they got their start.

The one-day concert festival, entitled “Outkast: ATLast”, will feature an extended headlining set from Outkast with special guests. The concert will take place at Centennial Olympic Park in Downtown Atlanta on Saturday September 27. Other performers will be announced in the coming weeks. Music is set to start at 5pm

Tickets will go on sale via radio and promoter presales on Monday June 16 at 10am, followed by the public onsale on Wednesday June 18 at 10am. Tickets are priced at $55 for general admission, $105 for Golden Circle, and $250 for VIP plus applicable ticketing fees. General admission and Golden Circle tickets are limited to six per buyer, and VIP are limited to four per buyer. Tickets can be purchased via the official show website www.outkastatlast.com or at Ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster outlets, charge by phone at 800-745-3000, and the Center Stage Box Office.

Outkast’s debut Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik was released in 1994, with 2014 marking the 20th anniversary of the album’s release. Outkast went on to sell over 25 million albums in their storied career. Albums like ATLiens in 1996, the double-Platinum Aquemini (1998), and quadruple-Platinum Stankonia (2000) received high critical praise and fan reception. The Diamond-certified Speakerboxxx/The Love Below (2003) earned six Grammy awards including Album of the Year. In 2006, the duo release the film and soundtrack Idlewild. Both have pursued their own projects since, with Big Boi continuing to release albums and foster new talent. Andre has made guest appearances and pursued acting, recently signing on to the Jimi Hendrix biopic. In January, they announced a run of shows to celebrate their 20th year since their debut album, beginning with a performance at Coachella in April. This concert will be a continuation of the anniversary celebration, in the duo’s hometown.

atlanta pauses the decline for one night

Inevitable, but good news nonetheless. Got tix to see them at Summerfest in Milwaukee.

Would be dope if they ended their tour there since they didn't kick it off in A.

I saw them at HangOut Fest last month and they put on one hell of a show. I definitely recommend going if you can make it.

Did someone go back in time to 1996 and use the word "whiggaz" in a tag?

I went to a R&B / Early Rap outdoor event in Columbus, OH last weekend while I was in town - the headlining act was KiC and JoJo (of Jodeci).

For those who know me, this was way outside the box for me. But, I was walking through the hotel lobby and asked some folks I had walked in behind what was going on in the park outside. One guy said, "We're going, do you want to come along?" even though I was clearly not the normal demographic. I think I surprised him when I said sure. Turned out he was the promoter, we ended up drinking at the hotel bar late into the night after the show along with, much to his chagrin, KiC and JoJo, as one at least has a drinking problem. When you have Patron Tequila shooters chased with Grey Goose vodka, I'd say there might be a small problem involved.

Back