• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pac-12 head of officials investigated for targeting Arizona's Sean Miller

We shouldn't be surprised that the officials get as drunk with power as coaches and ADs do.

If you had a situation where it was obviously a joke, and where jokes were made about other coaches during the session, I don't see the problem. But this doesn't necessarily sound like that was the case. And the fact that a bogus tech was called (in a tourney game), and that this is a guy who had prior run-ins with Mark Cuban, would lead me to believe that something is rotten in this situation. If this is all the PAC-12 is doing, the NCAA needs to investigate the situation.

It literally did a ton of damage to Arizona. Cost them from potentially advancing to the pac 10 title game, a game where they would have been favored to win. It also cost them a chance at a better seed. It's just ridiculous. I share the same sentiments with Wrangor & ELC, I can't believe how power hungry a ref can become.
'

Clearly the ref that called the tech (which is explained as being out of character for him) didn't think it was a joke.

This is bullshit. Refs don't target people for no reason.

i

Rush and the ref who called the T should be fired.

I deleted the duplicate thread as requested.

Rush and Irving would fit right in with those reffing in the ACC, and - Alas! - most any other conference in the country. The state of officiating these days is beneath all criticism.

As a former high school ref (proudly former) I can see the power angle. These guys are trained to be correct with everything they call. It becomes a competition to see who can be the most "right". Once you reach big time college b-ball or NBA, I can see it going to your head, but the case above is over the line. Rush (who I always thought was a dick) and the other ref should be canned.

Back