• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paging RJ: GOV'T CAN KILL AMERICANS WITH NO PLANS TO ATTACK U.S.

Basically on the issue of war, we agree that we should be out of Afghanistan and never have had either Iraq War.

The reality is this child died in a war zone of Afghanistan. It could have happened in many ways.

The reality is we were going to go after the target(s) in that village. There was likely going to be collateral damage. It's a shame but that's reality.

Or you could prevent the necessity of the expanded wars/invasions.

How do you propose to set up inclusive economic and political institutions throughout the world? That's all it will take. Just gotta make the opportunity cost of terrorism (and war, more broadly) impossibly high. Not sure how we do that, though.

The problem is many of those countries aren't all that interested in expanding their economies or being part of the world.

The problem is many of those countries aren't all that interested in expanding their economies or being part of the world.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

It's old news, but it's bad news. Having troops in Saudi Arabia was a major reason for 9-11.

I know, I know, I'm speaking in generalities. You deserve a gold star. But you get the point. Aside from some columnists at left publications like The Atlantic, or some fellas at the New Yorker and the Guardian, there was nary a whisper about all this shit during the election cycle. Even people that recognized the wrongness of these actions wouldn't dare consider not voting for Obama.

Also, remember when Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize? Lulz.

Well, Alfred Nobel DID Purchase a mining company (after creating the "Nobel Prize) and he subsequently oversaw the company's transformation into a Weapons Manufacturer.

Hahahahahahahaha :) Fitting, if you ask me --- as Fyodor said "truth is stranger than fiction"

Basically on the issue of war, we agree that we should be out of Afghanistan and never have had either Iraq War.

The reality is this child died in a war zone of Afghanistan. It could have happened in many ways.

The reality is we were going to go after the target(s) in that village. There was likely going to be collateral damage. It's a shame but that's reality.

How about Northern Pakistan, rj! Hundreds of independent human rights observers are all claiming that the people are living in abject fear...afraid to go to the market, send kids to school, etc.,

We are in process of making enemies that in 20 years will dwarf the ferocity they display today...as the West moves toward technological separation from war these peoples will develop an even greater organic attachment...they will foster their own "myth" of rising up against the machines --- we are in a fight against a consciousness which sees the western man as a ghost being lost within the machine --- this is the myth they preach to their people --- in their ideology the western individual is best represented by a Frank Herbertesque "mentac".

They paint us as "Faust" ...

It's old news, but it's bad news. Having troops in Saudi Arabia was a major reason for 9-11.

Bull. It was a major excuse, but it certainly wasn't the reason. You're dealing with people who think women should be killed for the crimes of reading and/or having their bodies seen in public. Any use of the term "reason" is generous at best, and disingenuous at worst. Quit buttchugging the propaganda and open your eyes, RJ.

Bull. It was a major excuse, but it certainly wasn't the reason. You're dealing with people who think women should be killed for the crimes of reading and/or having their bodies seen in public. Any use of the term "reason" is generous at best, and disingenuous at worst. Quit buttchugging the propaganda and open your eyes, RJ.

You think we have global terrorism issues because of religious beliefs? Open your eyes. It's all about energy hegemony, trillions of dollars, and power. Religious fanaticism is just a tool in the global knife fight to control the oil markets.

Which is why we need a new much more efficient electrical grid; to turn the Mojave Desert into a massive power plant; to mandate all cars/trucks be included in CAFE standards and that by 2025 that all car company fleets must average 40 MPG; develop wind farms.

You think we have global terrorism issues because of religious beliefs? Open your eyes. It's all about energy hegemony, trillions of dollars, and power. Religious fanaticism is just a tool in the global knife fight to control the oil markets.

Are you saying fundamentalist Islamics are not true believers? I don't think you could be more wrong. I think they do crave power but I also believe they believe what they believe.

People don't launch themselves into 100 floor skyscrapers b/c of energy hegemony. Bizarre post.

Are you saying fundamentalist Islamics are not true believers? I don't think you could be more wrong. I think they do crave power but I also believe they believe what they believe.

Those with true power? Those with education, position, and wealth? They use religion as a weapon, nothing more. These are cold, calculating gangster businessmen. The cabals running Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, etc. aren't "true believers." They manipulate legions of delusional poor -- including their proxies in places like Libya, Afghanistan, and Gaza -- to act as knives to the throat of the West. But it's all about money.

Those with true power? Those with education, position, and wealth? They use religion as a weapon, nothing more. These are cold, calculating gangster businessmen. The cabals running Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, etc. aren't "true believers." They manipulate legions of delusional poor -- including their proxies in places like Libya, Afghanistan, and Gaza -- to act as knives to the throat of the West. But it's all about money.[/QUOTE]

Which is why we need to convert to domestic and green energy sources, yesterday.

Back