• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pakistan, an Addendum to the Military Spending Thread

We should have just nuked the whole damn sandbox after we found out they were hiding him.

"I'm not saying he's right....I'm sayin' I understand." - Chris Rock (re: OJ Simpson murdering the guy who was driving the car he was paying for to go to the house he was paying for and have relations with the ex-wife he was paying alimony to).

My thoughts exactly.

They allowed us to kill OBL didn't they? We didn't just go in there all by ourselves and everyone over there knows it.

I think we asked forgiveness not permission and kept them out of the loop intentionally.

I think we asked forgiveness not permission and kept them out of the loop intentionally.
Their leaders are getting billions in part to help us find the guy, and we have to ask for forgiveness? Not so sure the Pakistanis buy that one either.

Their leaders are getting billions in part to help us find the guy, and we have to ask for forgiveness? Not so sure the Pakistanis buy that one either.

You think we asked for permission?

Ugh.

Exactly. We did it and then told the Pakistanis to forgive and suck it up.

And Pakistan rattled the cage a bit - a denouncement, arrest a few informants, etc. - and then they did just that. Not a month later we iced an entire camp to kill a high-level AQ operative, and did so unilaterally.

And Pakistan rattled the cage a bit - a denouncement, arrest a few informants, etc. - and then they did just that. Not a month later we iced an entire camp to kill a high-level AQ operative, and did so unilaterally.

Yup. Pakistan will continue to bitch, and we'll continue to bitch, but things will keep on keeping on. No real change, because neither country can afford to change.

Back