• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Palin for President

LilburnDeac

Reaction score
Given the apparent unelectability of any of the Republican candidates, what are the chances that Sarah Palin enters the contest and, with voters seeing her as "riding in on a white horse" to save the party, actually wins the nomination?

2000_98_1---Number-Zero_web.jpg

My mom theorizes that this is what Jeb Bush will do shortly before the convention, assuming there never really looks like a strong front runner.

Its a little late for anyone to enter. We're 3 primaries in.

But nice try.

(not really)

Well, Newt isn't going to get the nomination. If Romney doesn't have the juice to close the deal, maybe the Pubs will have an open convention (I'm assuming the majority of delegates will still be uncommitted). I know it isn't likely to happen, but who would be the likely draftees? Jeb? Chris Christie?

Well, Newt isn't going to get the nomination. If Romney doesn't have the juice to close the deal, maybe the Pubs will have an open convention (I'm assuming the majority of delegates will still be uncommitted). I know it isn't likely to happen, but who would be the likely draftees? Jeb? Chris Christie?

No one with a decent chance of actually winning would want to touch such a clusterfuck. Palin is less electable than either Romney or Newt, and that is really saying something. Mitt better figure out a way to kill off Newt, and fast. As in, tonight.

I would vote for obama before i would vote for Sarah Palin.
well actually i'd probably vote for a 3rd party Ron Paul type candidate before obama (just so I could say I didn't vote for obama), but a vote for a 3rd party is effectively a vote for Barry.

Its a little late for anyone to enter. We're 3 primaries in.

But nice try.

(not really)

All uncommitted delegates could force a winner from someone not running at present. Granted, it would take a lot of circumstances to break completely right for it to occur, so I don't think it is likely to happen. Just throwing out what she said this morning that I found interesting.

I would vote for obama before i would vote for Sarah Palin...

Hell, I voted for Obama last time because of her. It would be crazy to elect a guy as old as McCain when his running mate is only slightly brighter than a Cocker Spaniel.

Hell, I voted for Obama last time because of her. It would be crazy to elect a guy as old as McCain when his running mate is only slightly brighter than a Cocker Spaniel.

I liked McCain and didn't realize how awful Palin was at the time.

My mom theorizes that this is what Jeb Bush will do shortly before the convention, assuming there never really looks like a strong front runner.

I've actually read a couple of articles that have theorized this exact scenario.

Jeb would trounce Obama because Barry has zero executive experience.

as a democrat, I really miss Sarah Palin. She definitely made things more interesting and you never had to worry about her actually being elected.

LOL at Jeb thinking he will ever be Prez. Big Bro ruined his life.

Back