• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Panthers PSL holder's (and Wake grad) comments ignite firestorm

Wake "Grad School" grad. Important distinction. And I can't imagine any kind of firestorm about a 2-6 team. Perhaps a few errant sparks but not a firestorm. Pederson can do what he wants. He made a sucker bet and lost. He should recoup whatever he can.

The assumption when you say someone is a "grad" is usually "undergrad." Before the peanut gallery start ripping your friend as an uppity, out-of-touch, silver-spooned brat from Wake, they should realize he's probably more aligned with his undergrad than grad school. Nothing big. Out of curiosity, where did he undergrad?

Broncos fan here, going to the game Sunday with easily procured tickets.

I believe he attended a similarly uppity undergraduate school. :p

Okay. Well, regardless, in N.C. we'll still get the blame from people who get riled by his actions/comments. After all, we don't have the name of the state in our name.

I'm a huge Panthers fan and I don't have a problem with it. Team has been shit the last 2 1/2 years and I can't imagine sinking that much money into them (PSL's, season tickets) and getting nothing in return but agonizing losses. If he wants to get his money back until the team shows they can win, more power to him.

Didn't realize Panthers have worst record in NFL since 2010. Wow.

Does this apply to College sports?

“I go to work, demo my product and get paid IF the product ships and the customer is satisfied. It is called the marketplace. And the market corrects itself if the product is poor by rejecting that product."

Does this apply to College sports?

“I go to work, demo my product and get paid IF the product ships and the customer is satisfied. It is called the marketplace. And the market corrects itself if the product is poor by rejecting that product."

I hope he doesn't make a dangerous product, what with no government regulation to keep his bad product from hitting the market. Say for instance he works for a hair weaving salon....

Non-issue. Move along to your next regularly-scheduled hissy fit.

I certainly don't begrudge the guy for selling his tickets. They're his tickets and he can do whatever the hell he wants to do with them, obviously. But this is one of the reasons I enjoy collegiate sports (well, Wake) a lot better than professional sports. I could never do that with my Wake tickets, regardless of how bad we are. Because the ties to Wake are a lot deeper. Not only by going to school there for four years, but also by knowing the administrators and coaches and student-athletes, and Deacon Club folks, and tailgating with the same people and friends every week, etc. You simply don't get that with professional sports. It does make it different to me. And to argue against his actions--I would say that if I were him--and the Panthers do get good, I would feel a little guilty and probably wouldn't enjoy the winning as much as I would had I been there through thick and thin. At some point, you're either a fan of the team or you're not.

This is something I talk to my dad all the time about. He is a PSL owner since inception, and actually bought 10 at the time. I'm not actually 100% sure that he owns all of them, but he sells 6 of them to the same people every year for a few bucks over face to be able to pay for parking and concessions for the 4 tickets he does use. But now, I feel like he gets very little enjoyment from going to the games. He goes and fights traffic both ways to often sit in the stands around many obnoxious opposing team fans and watch his team lose most of the time. Part of his problem is that he cannot separate the other things to enjoy about going to a game (tailgating, camaraderie with people in his section, etc.) with the outcome of a game. He never has a good time if the Panthers lose, which is most of the time. I tell him if he feels that way he should probably just sell the tickets and watch the games on his 65' TV at home. So I commend him for sticking with it, but he is rewarding Richardson for putting out a shit product (particularly when it generally seems like he doesn't give two shits about the fans) while at the same time filling his Sundays with frustration and anger. So I can certainly see Pederson's standpoint, but then it does negatively effect people like my dad who have to put up with opposing team fans every week. If the Panthers could put together a consistently quality product this wouldn't be an issue.

This is sure to be the biggest Wake-related sports story of the year.

Back