• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paradise Jam Predictions - How many wins this weekend?

How many wins this weekend for the Deacs?

• Total voters
Drake? We couldn't beat the Drake from Seinfeld!

WF wins the tournament (with a weak field).

Drake went 7-24 last year and finished the season on a 10 game losing streak (those picking WF to go 0-3 in the tournament are idiot lemmings that the rest of the world uses to fatten their wallets). Drake fired their coach, and then beat a D-3 team in their opener. WF wins the opener big. Big. Gets some confidence and then beats Colorado in a close one (the game is loseable, but WF is overdue for a game when it shoots well, and Colorado isn't that good) and either Houston or Mercer in the finals. If WF is lucky enough to play Liberty again, WF will win a rout. The team will feed on the fact that everyone has given up on them. WF is a #50 to #75 team and will finally play like it, which really is not saying a whole lot.

Last edited:
Hope you're right, Pilch.

So has anybody bothered to find a free option to watch the games?

It's not really about "bothering" to find a free option. It's only available from a single fringe provider that happens to have a single-IP paywall. Can't share logins, not big enough to get picked up on firstrow or the like.

Find someone to buy it, point an iphone camera at the feed and post the feed to the thread is probably the only option.

Here's something to get everyone fired up - let's talk about how bad the season started!

https://www.flohoops.com/video/6045...ndy-katz-wake-forest-head-coach-danny-manning

Last edited:
Two wins. Wilbekin and Childress return to last years level of play. They aren't stars but they are better than they have shown in the first two games.

If you are a gambler, there will be no better spot this season to back the Deacons than tomorrow. I see Wake -10 which has me thinking $$$.

Have to think we stumble into at least one win, though I'm not confident who we'd beat.

We aren't as bad as our 0-2 record indicates. We are going to be OK. I also think that come ACC time, we'll be meshing. Not saying we'll win 9+ ACC games but we will be better than we have started.

If Sarr puts on 20 pounds and it clicks with Doral, we'll be a mid-level ACC team.

We'll know a lot more about our team after these games. How can players stomach this being said about them from others, and even own team members?

"A desire to play defense and rebound is lacking, junior Keyshawn Woods said," Very damning!

We aren't as bad as our 0-2 record indicates. We are going to be OK. I also think that come ACC time, we'll be meshing. Not saying we'll win 9+ ACC games but we will be better than we have started.

Hell, even marriages get better after they have started but I wouldn't count on it.

Perhaps they will all play better because they can actually see the ball and their teammates in the Liberty Arena, or is it just ESPN3's crappy production value that makes the renovated Joel look dimly lit and vision exacerbated by all the new flashing lights on the 360 degree ribbon boards?? ;-)

Lol, don't think some people realize how garbage some of the teams in this tournament are.

I do not think you realize how garbage the Deacons are at this point in the season. This particular team has not figured out how to play any defense, how to block out and rebound on any level and right now their shooting skills have left all but Woods. Childress cannot pass the ball, Crawford cannot run the team, Wilbekin keeps trying to drive and he is too short and needs to realize he is a spot up jump shooter. Somewhere along the line Big Sam has to earn his way into the lineup to give us another big body.

Back