• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Parallel Coaching Searches? (AKA the BC search)

So my first reaction was to laugh at BC for (per this article) getting rejected by Chris Mooney, but that reaction quickly turned to incredulity at this guy saying that Wake is the 13th best job in the ACC.

So my first reaction was to laugh at BC for (per this article) getting rejected by Chris Mooney, but that reaction quickly turned to incredulity at this guy saying that Wake is the 13th best job in the ACC.

I think he just had the teams listed based off recent success, showing how hard it would be for BC to make it to the top tier. Like he said, Wake may go big with the hire.

This guy seems like a real professional

2. We heard that BC reached out to Mike Lonegran at George Washington and Chris Mooney at Richmond and got a pair of No Thanks. Longegran parlayed into a contract extension.

#journalism

What are you getting at? BC is looking for a coach too? Maybe call the thread "BC Coaching Search" or something like that.

And why the question mark?

Edit: Thanks Butthead!

Last edited:
Clemson a better basketball job than Wake?

The article isn't ranking the coaching jobs, it is looking at how strong teams will be next season.

But to answer your question, no. Clemson would be in the bottom group with Miami, Florida State and Virginia Tech.

The article isn't ranking the coaching jobs, it is looking at how strong teams will be next season.

But to answer your question, no. Clemson would be in the bottom group with Miami, Florida State and Virginia Tech.

And Miami was a 2 seed last year and Frank Haith previously parlayed that job into a big promotion (by cheating), so obviously the jobs at the bottom of the ACC all suck.

Didn't some of Skip's friends tell him at the time of his search the Wake job was the 8th or 9th best in the ACC? A solid spell of recruiting led by Skip, Battle and Dino have changed things since then but we're in pretty dire straits currently.

I believe this guy used to work for the Globe and he covered BC sports.

A lot of the BC fans I know, think he is a complete hack. I wouldn't take anything this guy writes seriously.

Clemson a better basketball job than Wake?

Lolz

Clemson needs a Buzzdick to force us into putting money into our basketball program. The Reds have shown they'll pack the house when we have a decent team....just need to give Brownell some resources to work with...

F$U & Miami are better jobs than Clemson and VT. VT has got to be the worst in the conference. Not sure how the heck they got Buzz, but good for them.

I thought this was interesting. The guy that runs HoopDirt is currently down in Dallas for the Final Four and he had this to say about Jay Wright and the Boston College coaching search:

Story making the rounds here…Boston College was closer than anyone knew to landing Villanova’s Jay Wright. Apparently the BC administration never saw Jerry Maguire – “show me the money!”

Didn't some of Skip's friends tell him at the time of his search the Wake job was the 8th or 9th best in the ACC? A solid spell of recruiting led by Skip, Battle and Dino have changed things since then but we're in pretty dire straits currently.

The coach before Skip had more success here than he did. And Skip inherited a team with two NBA players. This is a pretty good job.

If this was one of the worst jobs in the ACC coming off 10 straight postseason bids, then I will eat my hat.

We had a run of 16 straight post season appearances. (Which was longer than unc and Duke btw)

Back