• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paris

Is the irony that those people have been vilified by people like yourself but people who want sharia law and Hang and stone gays have your full support and tolerance ?

Who is supporting those behaviors? Link?

http://johnpavlovitz.com/2015/11/17/freeing-christians-from-americhristianity/

Pretty interesting read. Would love to hear thoughts from the Christian folks on the boards.

This excerpt makes a good point:

"That Jesus; (the one from the Gospels) really doesn’t fit into Americhristianity. He’s too soft, too tolerant, too vulnerable. He’s not brash enough, his foreign policy not tough enough. In fact, the faith that so many in the West now call Christianity retains only the smallest sliver of Christ; conveniently just enough to get people saved or send them to Hell.

Outside of that, the rest is purely Stars and Stripes and American Dreams, all wrapped around a cross. We’re perfectly content to demand revenge when we get hurt, to live fat and happy surrounded by poverty, and to pick fights whenever we’re confronted—confident that Jesus approves of all of it."

Kash%20Ali%20original%20post.png

Is the irony that those people have been vilified by people like yourself but people who want sharia law and Hang and stone gays have your full support and tolerance ?

Huh? Where did I say I support people who want Sharia law?

I think it's silly that people raise a ruckus about Sharia because there is already essentially a zero percent chance that it will be implemented in the United States, not because I support it

"Carolina Cabin Rentals, which rents high-end vacation properties in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, tells its customers that disputes may be resolved according to biblical principles."

Also anyone who is scared of Sharia law should take a look at the religious law that some Christians and other religions are imposing upon non-believers

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/03/b...arbitration-scripture-is-the-rule-of-law.html

So we already have enough anti-gay, closed-minded religious fanatics in this country- is it not a bad thing that we're bringing in more intolerant people? From a Pew survey of Muslims:
Muslims overwhelmingly say that homosexual behavior is morally wrong
Look at the numbers- in most countries it looks to be well over 90%.
http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-morality/

We talk about the hypothetical of sharia law in America as if its ridiculous, but there are a lot of really shitty things that could/would be passed by a voting majority in many states if the supreme courts "liberal" interpretation of the constitution didnt prevent them

The world of arbitration clauses in consumer contracts, especially given the Supreme Court's recently obsessive approach to upholding them at all costs, is a scary world for the everyday American consumer

Huh? Where did I say I support people who want Sharia law?

I think it's silly that people raise a ruckus about Sharia because there is already essentially a zero percent chance that it will be implemented in the United States, not because I support it

So silly.

This seems to support the idea that Sharia Law could become areal concern.

I mean no more of a concern than Christian law currently is....The public doesn't seem to be too concerned about that

This seems to support the idea that Sharia Law could become areal concern.
You consider yourself a libertarian, right? Seems to me you'd be happy about people agreeing to resolve their disputes in private contracts without resort to government courts. Don't want to follow Sharia law, don't voluntarily sign a contract with a sharia arbitration clause.

You consider yourself a libertarian, right? Seems to me you'd be happy about people agreeing to resolve their disputes in private contracts without resort to government courts. Don't want to follow Sharia law, don't voluntarily sign a contract with a sharia arbitration clause.

what do we do if Verizon or Chase or Comcast or any other everydaylife behemoth decides to insert "Biblical" or "Sharia Arbitration" into their contracts?

Back