• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Parking at App State

BubbaJean

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice? Or better yet, a pass they would like to sell me? Will not be getting to Boone until around 3:00 and do not really feel like having to walk up a mountain from some remote lot.

Sorry to hijack but I want some info here too. We'll be there earlier than that but parking info would be super helpful.

I've done a fair amount of checking, and best I can tell....you're screwed. Most of the lots require season tickets and the game day lots fill up quickly, as do the private "lots" which are basically some guy's front yard where you can park for $20.00.
Boone does have Uber now, but I imagine at 3:00 your availability may be limited.
We're staying at one of the hotels on the edge of campus, and if we can't find a parking spot my plan is to drop my crowd off, go back to he hotel, and hike back to the stadium.

But keep an eye on the APP athletics site; seems like I saw somewhere earlier that they would be announcing some special parking and other game day stuff closer to the kickoff.

Might be a good time to borrow my parents' handicapped pass.

You can't just expect to show up to the Super Bowl 30 min before kickoff.

When I went to a game there 3 or 4 years ago, they had shuttles that would take you from the fringe lots to the stadium.

There are plenty of hitching posts and stables for the locals

Like DownEast said, most lots on campus/near the stadium require a season ticket pass. Your best bet is to park at a local church or organization and walk. Nowhere is a bad walk in Boone.

Will there be many tickets for sale outside or is stub hub a better bet?

The cheapest ticket on Stubhub right now is $95 + fees. Not sure what you will be able to get outside/how adventurous you are, but you may want to go ahead and secure one.

I live in Blowing Rock. Parking in Boone sucks in general. It really sucks on football game days. Best bet is local church lots. No other easy answers as far as I know. I'll be there with my wife. Hope to see a lot of Deacon fans there!

Had to buy one on StubHub to get close to the stadium, wasn't cheap but will do the trick. Sounds like it will be a mess, as if the ticket prices weren't crazy enough.

I got my tickets in the mail yesterday from the Wake ticket office. Was surprised that my seats are two sections over towards midfield from what is shown as the visitors sections on the App State website. I wonder if Wake got a larger than normal ticket allotment as part of agreeing to play there, or if I'm going to be surrounded by an entire section of App faithful ready to taunt me with "Go back to the library Weak Florist!!!" all afternoon?

Back