• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pat Blair

Had no idea he finished 3rd in the nation in walks. 57 in 55 games. That's impressive.

Astros took him in the draft last year along with other Deacs Brian Holmes and Michael Dimock. Wish he had signed then, but can't begrudge him wanting to go back for another year of college.

woot. my new favorite prospect. how's his defense?

I think it's average. He's really just a sneaky good offensive shortstop. Takes walks like a crazy person, and isn't a slouch with the bat either. 2013 was his third straight year of finishing in the top 30 in NCAA in walks.

CollegeSplits says his Park/Sched adjusted slash line is: .293/.473/.440

Definitely more "org depth" than prospect, but I love him.

awesome. i hope i get to see him put on a rays jersey one day. kinda reminds me of zobrist out of college.

The Nats also drafted Niko Spezial today in the 18th round.

O's took a catcher out of his High School in the 6th round that had committed to Wake.

O's took a catcher out of his High School in the 6th round that had committed to Wake.

Welp, that sucks for us... Hope we have some other good guys coming in. Can't imagine that kid passes up 6th round money to come to us.

Another recruit, Kirt Manwaring's son Dylan, got drafted in the ninth round. Would be surprised if he comes as well which sucks.

Welp, that sucks for us... Hope we have some other good guys coming in. Can't imagine that kid passes up 6th round money to come to us.

The Gatorade Maryland Baseball Player of the Year, Murphy had committed to Wake Forest, but he made it clear Friday that he plans to sign with the Orioles and begin his professional career.

“I'm going to sign,” he said. “I've worked my whole life to get this opportunity, and I'm going to take advantage of it.”

The slot bonus money for the 189th pick is $218,500.

can't say as i blame him.

The Gatorade Maryland Baseball Player of the Year, Murphy had committed to Wake Forest, but he made it clear Friday that he plans to sign with the Orioles and begin his professional career.

“I'm going to sign,” he said. “I've worked my whole life to get this opportunity, and I'm going to take advantage of it.”

The slot bonus money for the 189th pick is $218,500.

can't say as i blame him.

Manwaring is also going pro per Twitter and the Star Gazette (http://www.stargazette.com/article/20130610/SPORTS/306100070/Raiders-star-to-go-with-Braves).

Sorry for the Deacs, but happy for both the kids.

Guess WF has some extra scholly money. The Royals drafted WF signee Will Craig in the 37th round. Would think that there is good chance that he will not sign as the available money for draft picks plummets after the first 10 rounds.

Guess WF has some extra scholly money. The Royals drafted WF signee Will Craig in the 37th round. Would think that there is good chance that he will not sign as the available money for draft picks plummets after the first 10 rounds.

The money generally plummets, but teams do still throw big money at HS players even in the later rounds. Sometimes these players are back-ups in case the HS players the team really wants to sign decide instead to go to school. I'm not sure who KC's other HS picks are this year, but if enough of them turn down the money I imagine KC will dangle some in front of Will Craig instead.

The money generally plummets, but teams do still throw big money at HS players even in the later rounds. Sometimes these players are back-ups in case the HS players the team really wants to sign decide instead to go to school. I'm not sure who KC's other HS picks are this year, but if enough of them turn down the money I imagine KC will dangle some in front of Will Craig instead.

While this used to be the case, the new CBA made picks after the 10th round now have a cap of 100,000. Many more high school players drafted after the 10th round are going to college.

While this used to be the case, the new CBA made picks after the 10th round now have a cap of 100,000. Many more high school players drafted after the 10th round are going to college.

Is that how it works now? I was under the impression that picks after the 10th round now have a slot value of 100,000, but that isn't a hard cap and the difference between picks 1-10 and 11-40 is that unsigned picks in the first 10 rounds result in a loss of that money.

Is that how it works now? I was under the impression that picks after the 10th round now have a slot value of 100,000, but that isn't a hard cap and the difference between picks 1-10 and 11-40 is that unsigned picks in the first 10 rounds result in a loss of that money.

I simplified it. Unsigned in first 10 rounds do result in loss of money. For 10-40, any amount over 100,000 counts toward cap. Rarely do teams have a lot of money left after top 10 rounds to go over slot.

Back