• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paul Ryan: Rape is just a "method of conception"

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score

Unbelievable. So this is how the right wing wackos justify no abortion even in rape cases. By completely ignoring the traumatic side of this despicable act.

Yikes. That will be in commercials in no time.

Damn. Didn't realize that he actually said it.

Another example of the liberal media bias and the newscasters being in Obama's pocket, playing this sound bite on all the networks since he said it a week ago and trying to make Romney/Ryan look bad.

Oh, wait... we haven't seen it anywhere. That's right.

Not to play devil's advocate here, but what he said is technically correct, at least according to his beliefs. He said the "method of conception doesn't change the definition of life." So he's recognizing that rape can cause conception. That gives him a leg up on Akin. He certainly didn't phrase it as sensitively as he could have, but he is being consistent with his prior position that he doesn't believe in the rape and incest exceptions.

He is pro life. No exceptions. There is no media sound byte. I don't see where the uproar would be. He answered the question directly without skirting the issue.

Ryan is pro life no exceptions. Romney is pro life with exceptions. Why should there be any excuses for what he said?

He is pro life. No exceptions. There is no media sound byte. I don't see where the uproar would be. He answered the question directly without skirting the issue.

Ryan is pro life no exceptions. Romney is pro life with exceptions. Why should there be any excuses for what he said?

Because he completely trivialized the "method of conception."

Not to play devil's advocate here, but what he said is technically correct, at least according to his beliefs. He said the "method of conception doesn't change the definition of life." So he's recognizing that rape can cause conception. That gives him a leg up on Akin. He certainly didn't phrase it as sensitively as he could have, but he is being consistent with his prior position that he doesn't believe in the rape and incest exceptions.

Exactly. This is not an issue.

What is an issue? That he believes a woman can get pregnant from rape?

What is an issue? That he believes a woman can get pregnant from rape?

That he completely dismisses any exception to a law opposing abortion in the case of rape (or presumably incest) because it is just another means of conception. Voluntary or otherwise.

That he completely dismisses any exception to a law opposing abortion in the case of rape (or presumably incest) because it is just another means of conception. Voluntary or otherwise.

That he's against abortion even in the cases of rape and incest is already out there. I don't see how this changes anything.

BTW Ball State, which Edwards in 2016? Harry? Saw him speak at Wake while I was there. Interesting guy.

What a shock that libs are getting their panties in a wad over absolutely nothing.

Just because you don't agree with his assessment doesn't mean it's a big deal. And actually, what he said was not anywhere near what Akin said. Akin talked about the body naturally preventing pregnancy when a woman is raped and made the larger inference that rapes claimed might not be legitimate rapes. Ryan, on the other hand, very clearly articulates his position and acknowledges, unlike Akin, that rape can be a method of conception.

That he's against abortion even in the cases of rape and incest is already out there. I don't see how this changes anything.

BTW Ball State, which Edwards in 2016? Harry? Saw him speak at Wake while I was there. Interesting guy.

Johnny Reid Edwards! :cool:

What a shock that libs are getting their panties in a wad over absolutely nothing.

Just because you don't agree with his assessment doesn't mean it's a big deal. And actually, what he said was not anywhere near what Akin said. Akin talked about the body naturally preventing pregnancy when a woman is raped and made the larger inference that rapes claimed might not be legitimate rapes. Ryan, on the other hand, very clearly articulates his position and acknowledges, unlike Akin, that rape can be a method of conception.

I'll concede it isn't as bad as Akin, but that's a pretty low bar.

Back