• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paying Coaches Not to Work

Well the schools are free to hire less attractive coaches that are willing to agree to less favorable terms.

Sumlin will get $20 million.
@SportsTalkwBo: Brown: The Texas A&M chancellor is unhappy with the direction of the program & is working to terminate Kevin Sumlin’s contract.

Edit: Chancellor also trying to get rid of the AD.

Sumlin will get $20 million.

How the hell does Sumlin have a 20 mil buyout? They must've overreacted after Manziel's Heisman year. Typical aggie maneuver.

Sumlin was a good hire at the time, but it appears he's been trying to get out of Aggieland since that first year and keeps having diminishing results.

But paying players to put their health and livelihoods on the line is cray cray.

Yes, they have it bad, living so dangerously, putting it all "on the line". Thank god I didn't have to be forced to play college football and could just accrue student loans and work 30+ hours a week in a warehouse, and not be forced to eat food that others prepared for me. Also thankful that I could study, register and learn on my own, and not be forced to have someone register my classes and have to have help with my schoolwork.

Last edited:
Yes, they have it bad, living so dangerously, putting it all "on the line". Thank god I didn't have to be forced to play college football and could just accrue student loans and work 30+ hours a week in a warehouse, and not be forced to eat food that others prepared for me. Also thankful that I could study, register and learn on my own, and not be forced to have someone register my classes and have to have help with my schoolwork.

You seem super bitter. Maybe college wasn't for you.

How the hell does Sumlin have a 20 mil buyout? They must've overreacted after Manziel's Heisman year. Typical aggie maneuver.

Sumlin was a good hire at the time, but it appears he's been trying to get out of Aggieland since that first year and keeps having diminishing results.

Why would he want out? They have great stadium, fan support, $, and local recruiting area.

Yep. It's not Austin, but it's not as though he didn't know what he was getting into. He was an assistant there previously. Lots of pressure to win. Maybe that's the issue.

Back