• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PC proliferation on college campuses (formerly UNC students...)

without systematic discrimination against conservatives, there is no way that American higher education could have become a left-liberal one party community

what has happened in American academia is a fundamental betrayal of scholarship, academic integrity, and indeed of liberalism itself, as scholarship has become subordinated to political prejudice

All jokes aside, you misspelled 'doublethink'...

without systematic discrimination against conservatives, there is no way that American higher education could have become a left-liberal one party community

what has happened in American academia is a fundamental betrayal of scholarship, academic integrity, and indeed of liberalism itself, as scholarship has become subordinated to political prejudice

You should read the book! (Spoiler: while your take is plausible, Gross doesn't believe that it explains the current situation.)

You should read the book! (Spoiler: while your take is plausible, Gross doesn't believe that it explains the current situation.)

I'm not gonna read the book but I might look up an interview with him. I think I'll listen to the one with the controversial and disgraced Ghomeshi (who was ultimately found innocent but still reviled by Canadian feminists).

sorry, I must have been distracted by the continued insistence of the left to turn American higher education into their very own dystopia

dystopia:

Wake-Forest-Football.jpg

athletics.quadroll.655x430.jpg

and why not

wakeforest_display_image.jpg

I read the description, and I understand that I disagree with Gross. My take is not just plausible but the denial of systematic discrimination is not credible.

the academic part cap'n, the academic part

but you may be onto something, the lavish extracurricular non-academic activities help to distract attention from the intellectual dystopia building activities behind the glitzy exterior

I listened to that guy Strick and he doesn't see the current situation as being all that problematic and if conservatives want more teachers his solution boils down to conservatives need to quit complaining about the situation because they're scaring away conservative applicants. Sounds like bullshit to me but maybe it has some merit.

I listened to that guy Strick and he doesn't see the current situation as being all that problematic and if conservatives want more teachers his solution boils down to conservatives need to quit complaining about the situation because they're scaring away conservative applicants. Sounds like bullshit to me but maybe it has some merit.

Yeah, I don't know. I don't study it and he does. He offers a very different account that takes concerns like yours and sailor's seriously while finding different causal variables/pathways. Thanks for engaging!

Back