• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Peanut butter

how did y'all figure out your child's allergy? hopefully not in an emergency style way!

I can't imagine having a child with them and I have one! For me we found out because I kept getting very very sick after eating food. Took a lot of tracking and then a visit to the allergist to confirm. Now I carry an EPI pin. A friend of mine (also over the age of 30) is allergic to peanuts.

For the parents: be sure to carry 2 EPI pins. One can sometime fail and you will need the second one.

a grad student chick that lived above me one summer at wake had the peanut allergy bad. she carried an epi pen everywhere and said that she'd be in trouble even if she touched a door handle after someone that are peanuts. Not sure about that but we did hook up a little bit one night real drunk. She made out with the infamous Mike prince at Burke street one night which was cool. Her roommate was real loose too, heard her bang all the time, but we never touched that one.

I was there Mike Prince night, that was hot. Those ladies partied.

Oh man, I ate so much peanut butter when I was a kid. I still take down a bunch now, too. Grind that shit up at your local market fresh; I was always a creamy/smooth guy, and hated most crunchies, but this is like the best of both worlds PLUS it's not one of those healthy ones you need to stir for 15 minutes, it already has all those dank oils.

Last edited:
I eat a scoop of PB in my oatmeal every weekday morning and I like it.

Had Jif natch last night on toasted Thomas English muffin with honey drizzled for supper. When the PB starts to melt a little and the honey mixed in...that's good shit.

That's hot.

how did y'all figure out your child's allergy? hopefully not in an emergency style way!

SAME Q. This shit is giving me anxiety. If you have a non allergic kid how likely are you to have an allergic one next? Any link?

Gave her PB when she was really little, no problems. Gave her a PB sandwich a couple months later, hives and shit and we didn't have any sort of epi pen because as far as we knew she had no allergy since she had it fine before. Apparently that's not uncommon for it to not show up really early which is stupid. Good job daddy. So she got a nice hospital trip for like an hour. They even make baby hospital gowns, super cute.

Allergist confirmed the allergy and apparently kids usually don't outgrow it. So I'm hopeful it stays mild for her.

Yikes. How old was she when she had the reaction?

Well you're not supposed to give children peanut butter until they're 2.

One way to avoid peanut allergies in kids is to have moms sleep with a peanut under their tongue while pregnant

One way to avoid peanut allergies in kids is to have moms sleep with a peanut under their tongue while pregnant

I had always heard the mom could insert a shelled peanut into the hooha during pregnancy and that would help the fetus avoid allergy.

I eat a scoop of PB in my oatmeal every weekday morning and I like it.

Veteran move. Steel cut oatmeal cooked stovetop with a banana added halfway through, then a nice scoop of peanut butter at the end, add chocolate chips if you're feeling frisky, is a damn good breakfast.

Veteran move. Steel cut oatmeal cooked stovetop with a banana added halfway through, then a nice scoop of peanut butter at the end, add chocolate chips if you're feeling frisky, is a damn good breakfast.

What are your go to cheap eats in Chicago?

What are your go to cheap eats in Chicago?

I made a long list a few weeks back. I'll see if I can find it.

Any type you're looking for? The thing about the cheap eats is that they're usually out in the neighborhoods, away from downtown.

Edit: not cheap cheap eats, but here was a list I made

Irazu (Costa Rican)
Bang Bang Pie Company (Brunch)
Fat Rice
90 Miles (Cuban)
Little Goat Diner (Breakfast)
Pequod's (Best pizza in the city)
Lula Cafe (Brunch)
Dove's Luncheonette (Brunch, lunch)
bellyQ (Korean BBQ)
Cemitas Puebla (Mexican cemitas)
Publican (meat)
Coalfire (Neapolitan pizza)
Mott St (Global small plates)
Scofflaw (Gin bar with good pub food)

Last edited:
I made a long list a few weeks back. I'll see if I can find it.

Any type you're looking for? The thing about the cheap eats is that they're usually out in the neighborhoods, away from downtown.

Edit: not cheap cheap eats, but here was a list I made

Irazu (Costa Rican)
Bang Bang Pie Company (Brunch)
Fat Rice
90 Miles (Cuban)
Little Goat Diner (Breakfast)
Pequod's (Best pizza in the city)
Lula Cafe (Brunch)
Dove's Luncheonette (Brunch, lunch)
bellyQ (Korean BBQ)
Cemitas Puebla (Mexican cemitas)
Publican (meat)
Coalfire (Neapolitan pizza)
Mott St (Global small plates)
Scofflaw (Gin bar with good pub food)

Thanks. U know deep dish. Italian beef. Hot dog. Asian. Indian.

I just blew my entire food budget on 42

Back