• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Penn State Penalties: $60mm, 4 year bowl ban, scholarship reduction, vacated wins

Good values they got goin' on over there.

FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST..... Now, this team is being ridiculed by people because of something that happens in EVERY SINGLE locker room?

Look at those Penn Staters...2 of them got in a fight in a locker room!!!!! My school wuold never do that!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST..... Now, this team is being ridiculed by people because of something that happens in EVERY SINGLE locker room?

Look at those Penn Staters...2 of them got in a fight in a locker room!!!!! My school wuold never do that!!!!

you are hypersensitive as shit. also, gotta question the values he's learning from a man like JoePa.

Are you serious? We now attack the way people react physically? Should they have started cheering!!! Some people need to refocus their anger on this subject.

I have very little anger on this subject. I feel sadness and regret that a collegiate football program and a university administration covered for a serial child rapist to keep the football program and athletic department intact.

Penn State is lucky that it's going to field a football team ever again. Those students not understanding the gravity of this situation is ridiculous.

Keep your homer sensitivity to yourself. I think we can all agree that what happened at Penn State is bigger than fandom.

Last edited:
Wonder how many are getting hate mail and threats.

909263d6_2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

People talk about what a great school PSU and it is so so so so much more than a football school. Really, it is a top-flight public ivy. Just ask any alum. But when its precious football program is taken away it is OUTRAGE!!!JUAN!!1111

People talk about what a great school PSU and it is so so so so much more than a football school. Really, it is a top-flight public ivy. Just ask any alum. But when its precious football program is taken away it is OUTRAGE!!!JUAN!!1111

well, the football program does bring in a ton of money which helps fund PSU's healthy research departments

At least they are candid. Football is so vastly more important than the lives of these ten or so young men, so much more important!

While I have personal concerns about the NCAA exacting penalties for immoral behavior (it sets a difficult precedent to live up to), who else would penalize Penn. State for their catastrophic failure to police themselves? I don't think anyone other than Penn. State itself could have exacted an adequate punishment. And, obviously neither the school nor the state was going to penalize itself sufficiently. So, in this case, perhaps the NCAA alone could do the job.

I have been a Penn State fan for over 20 years and don't like the precedent the NCAA set or the obviousness that their speed and reaction was motivated by publicity but I also agree PSU deserved to be punished and the culture needs to be changed. The comments in that link make me sick and my faith in humanity is a lot smaller after having read the first few (I couldn't stand to read any more).

i was not in favor of the death penalty just because of the devastation it would cause to the local businesses. i think they got it right. penn state will not be good for 6+ years but the local hoteliers, restaurateurs, and other small businesses won't be screwed.

Still waiting for the major penalties to Notre Dame for the kid falling off the tower while filming football practice in dangerous conditions. Gotta fix that culture. I mean the NCAA are the moral police now, right? Oh, it was only one kid who died and there's no outcry giving the NCAA the opportunity to act like they're relevant. Hey Cam, way to go in that NC game.

Last edited:
I really enjoy watching the PSU apologists spinning their wheels trying to convince us of the scores of equivalent incidents that the NCAA didn't see fit to punish as harshly as they did PSU.

Back