• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Penny Hardaway CNN Article

Penny's Nike shoe is extremely popular (Foamposites), wonder if Afernee is making any dough off those.

He was the real deal. Still my fav NBA player. Injuries are a real bitch sometimes.

Played against him his Sr year of HS (well, I was on the bench as a frosh). He and Randy Livingston were the 2 best HS players I saw.

Penny's Nike shoe is extremely popular (Foamposites), wonder if Afernee is making any dough off those.

probably. nike makes him custom models all the time for his random appearances.
damn near anything Penny sells like hotcakes. well maybe not the 1/2 Cents but those were overpriced.

plus they're reviving his sig series for a 5th model.

why after damn near 15 years? who the fuck knows.
but i'm very interested to see how this shoe performs.

Played against him his Sr year of HS (well, I was on the bench as a frosh). He and Randy Livingston were the 2 best HS players I saw.

completely agree with the statement in bold.

the show i saw randy livingston put on in raleigh almost defies description. his HS teammates were, how shall i put this, not good at basketball.

Great article.

I got to see Lebron and Dajuan Wagner in High School. Wagner was better. He hit a game winning free throw then pulled down his shorts and hip thrusted the opposing crowd who started throwing trash at him. It was awesome.

Didn't Rountree have a quote about modeling his game after Penny Hardaway?

the show i saw randy livingston put on in raleigh almost defies description. his HS teammates were, how shall i put this, not good at basketball.

The best I saw personally in high school was Mike Bibby.

Didn't Rountree have a quote about modeling his game after Penny Hardaway?

That would be pretty awesome coming from a kid who wasn't born when Penny entered the league.

Great article.

I got to see Lebron and Dajuan Wagner in High School. Wagner was better. He hit a game winning free throw then pulled down his shorts and hip thrusted the opposing crowd who started throwing trash at him. It was awesome.

Whattup, Camden? Wagner was the truth.

Best HS player I've ever seen is Michael Gilchrist... I've never seen a guy that "ready" that early. I see an EYBL AAU Tournament and the PSALs every year and saw most of the big players to come up through NC HSs from 95-05 and I'm sticking with MKG.

Interestingly enough, the only other half-decent athlete on Livingston's HS team was Peyton Manning. Also one of the only 2 guys other than Livingston over 6'1 or so.

Back