• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perhaps the Tag Line at the Top Needs to Be Changed

So yeah, if you bump this thread after it's been dead for a week on an alias/another account because you'd been banned on your main, I'll probably lock it too.

Pretty funny approach to instruct us how to moderate this forum after you did such a great job as mod on TOB back in the day.

Is DeacMan really Turftoe because if so LocomotiveBreath owes Gosset an apology.

Woof really going full RJ here. And there's another front page thread crying about rep... Not a good look, very "last two coaches" vibe.

I would welcome everybody concerned with the moderation of this board to join RJ in creating the 3rd board that this world sorely needs.

i think the flipside of the argument is that the dude crossed the "don't be an asshole" line enough times that he shouldn't have been around to start that thread in the first place

that he got banned for posting shitty video links instead of his needlessly abrasive spam takes is sort of a bail out if i'm being honest

Perhaps the Tag Line at the Top Needs to Be Changed To Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely. Deacman is the new RJ.

It's clear that WSSUgrad's First Amendment Rights were violated. What's more, the very basis of the formation for this board as a bastion of free speech has been impugned.

Therefore, I say we have some serious choices to make. As I mod, I support the choice that we made.

FFS, go read the thread.

It was him posting his shitty call-out, mostly people calling it out as a bad thread. Then it died and wasn't posted on again for a week when the guy decided to bump on his own thread using an alias/friend's account after being banned (just to announce he was saving his slander for a later date).

I did read the thread. And I made my views about it, which are that it is wrong, clear. And then I noted there seem to be no clear guidelines for when you ban people (if the asshole rule is in effect RJ should have lasted 10 minutes instead of 10 years) or lock stuff down.

Your response suggested threads have to be "productive". LOL. It's a message board that really exists to entertain its users via sharing opinions that have no practical impact beyond the boards, snarking people you don't agree with on a topic or mentally circle jerking with those you do.

So, again, seems like you can lock this up as it won't be "productive". I get it. You don't want to write up any guidelines.

DeacMan, you should draft some if it’s such an important use of time.

Wow, really nitpicking one word I gave when talking about reasons we sometimes lock threads (not even saying that thread was locked for that reason, it was more for bumping a week old dumb thread after he'd been banned).

And his ban wasn't for this either, we post reasons for every ban on district 13, feel free to read that too. Which is much better than y'all did when moderating TOB.

If we had to write up a post every time we locked/deleted/merged a thread or post, it'd turn into a full time job, so no not really eager to do that for you or spend time writing up "official guidelines" for a fan-run message board that's just here for fun.

Keep ignoring the part about

no longer have any discussion happening and/or reflect poorly on the community

too.

There's plenty of productive stuff happening on this thread, mostly involving you learning a thing or two I hope.

WSSUgrad was trolling. He passively admitted this. It was single-issue spewing the same point over and over again. Not convinced that would meet the definition of discussion, which is what the tag line says. I don't remember him posting on any other topic, expect for when the "Pointer" passed away.

Even with that - if am to take LK's explanation on the District 13 forum at face value, then he was banned for posting spam links and not stopping vs. anything he said. It is for one month, not perma. Maybe some would consider than an excuse, but spamming our fellow WF fans/alums seems like a reasonable line in the sand to chill out for a bit.

Keep ignoring the part about

too.

There's plenty of productive stuff happening on this thread, mostly involving you learning a thing or two I hope.

The thread is still half way down this page.

And how did it reflect poorly on the community. Was that bc of the cabal that went after the poster or the poster suggesting a player wasn't ACC caliber in the thread title vs, as you admit happens, in the body of a thread? Again, I don't like the thread. Never have supported stuff like that. But prior to this thread there seemed to be no guideline other than you got tired of looking at it.

All I'm learning in this thread is you have written up some sort of standards in this thread that you don't want to put on District 13.

How can someone that was a mod on the other board ever complain about anything here. How many forums have been so badly moderated that the end result is the formation of a breakaway board. I mean fuck talk about a raging hypocrite who’s opinion ranks as number 6200 out of 6200 members.

The thread is still half way down this page.

And how did it reflect poorly on the community. Was that bc of the cabal that went after the poster or the poster suggesting a player wasn't ACC caliber in the thread title vs, as you admit happens, in the body of a thread? Again, I don't like the thread. Never have supported stuff like that. But prior to this thread there seemed to be no guideline other than you got tired of looking at it.

All I'm learning in this thread is you have written up some sort of standards in this thread that you don't want to put on District 13.

The "standards" are just common sense. We have written up nothing.

And to be completely honest, writing up and/or posting any standards or hard-line rules just opens us up to asshole lawyers like you trying to find inconsistent enforcement or loopholes in them to make a big stink about.

Back