• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Personal Finance software

tiltdeac

Reaction score
What does everone use these days to keep track of their monies, budgeting, etc? I've heard decent things about Mint.com. CNET seems to like CommonCents a lot. Thoughts?

Have tried several over the years and always end up reverting to legal pad and pencil. I'm sure some people swear by them but unless you are running a business out of your home I think a lot of these type software packages are not worth the time/money. If you are already reasonably good at organizing your life/paperwork you don't need them.

I've been using mint for years. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I think it is pretty damn good.

Have tried several over the years and always end up reverting to legal pad and pencil. I'm sure some people swear by them but unless you are running a business out of your home I think a lot of these type software packages are not worth the time/money. If you are already reasonably good at organizing your life/paperwork you don't need them.

I try something new every year, but I never keep up with any software or online service. Always revert back to Excel and legal pad too.

Really wish that I could go paperless so that I could track how well I did, but I figure I'm OK if I don't run out of money.

False. They have had a budget feature for awhile now.

I signed up for Mint in late December of last year. It that time, I could not do a budget for January, let alone all of 2011. To me, that's a shitty product. Also the main budget categories sucked and you couldn't change them. Beyond the whiz bang downloading of accounts, it's way over-rated.

I signed up for Mint in late December of last year. It that time, I could not do a budget for January, let alone all of 2011. To me, that's a shitty product. Also the main budget categories sucked and you couldn't change them. Beyond the whiz bang downloading of accounts, it's way over-rated.

All those things are possible.

Back