• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Personal Mount Rushmore

Winkathomelygirl

Reaction score
Who makes up your Mount Rushmore of athletes with whom you've had an actual conversation:

Arnold Palmer
Pat Summitt
Ozzie Smith
Gary Carter

Honorable Mention: Michael Spinks - a terrific gentleman.

I don't talk to athletes. And these threads are going to lead to name four people you'd like to have dinner with, which, of course, will include Jesus. I'd rather have dinner with Bzz. I need to be reminded of the weakness of man. Take me down a notch. Prayer might become a staple.

Dirk, please tell me you don't believe in Jesus

I'm pretty sure he existed. Are you asking me if he was the son of God? Tough call. I'm keeping an open mind because I'm going to be as dead as you one day. I don't like to burn bridges like some people around here.

I don't like to burn bridges like some people around here.

bz-handshake-o.gif

Haven't had many chances to have conversations with notable athletes. My conversations with these dudes were pretty brief.

Kevin McHale - (Accosted him during a break at the ACC Tournament while he was eating a slice of pizza, and he had tomato sauce all over his face and fingers. I came off like a big dork. He really didn't really want to talk shop about scouting for the Wolves or his thoughts on CP or the Celtics. :noidea:)
Chris Paul - (Exchanged pleasantries a few times around campus. Also he hung out at our tailgate the night before the UNC game in 2005. #schemindemonbatsignal #wfusophbatsignal #ITCbatsignal)
George Foreman - (Brief conversation during a fundraiser in NYC. Also met Joe Frazier there.)
Ray Allen - (Saw him at the Great Wall this fall when the Heat and Clips were in China. Small world.)

Honorable mention: Jim Palmer (I was like 8 at the time and don't remember anything about it other than he and I were in the same bagel shop and that we talked about the O's for a bit.)

Last edited:
Edit: Didn't read the rules. Here are my 4 in order of how well I actually knew them.

Sam Cronin
Stanley Arnoux
Chris Paul
Skip Prosser

Last edited:
Back