• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

pet dander and allergies

I'm extremely allergic to cats (eyes water, face swells, throat hurts, nose hurts/runs, sneeze like crazy, etc.) so we don't have any cats, but when I go somewhere where I know there will be a cat I start taking Allegra once a day a day or two before we go and while I'm there. If I do that I normally don't have any problems at all...

so it wasn't the mold after all?

there's mold, but now we're thinking that's not what was making him sick. as soon as we moved into his place, he started having trouble again. then we went to the beach this weekend (without the dog), and he was fine the ENTIRE time, except when we ran to the store for a minute, and he was in my car with lots of dog hair, and he immediately couldn't breathe again.

Best solution is to have him just wear a surgical type mask when he's at your place. Should be fine that way and you'll still have easy access to his penis.

monthly_peanut_butter_club.jpg

there's mold, but now we're thinking that's not what was making him sick. as soon as we moved into his place, he started having trouble again. then we went to the beach this weekend (without the dog), and he was fine the ENTIRE time, except when we ran to the store for a minute, and he was in my car with lots of dog hair, and he immediately couldn't breathe again.

Are his allergies really that bad that he can't breathe? If so, shots may not even fix it. I've never had pets but my dad had some growing up and has bad allergies to dander. His Doctor told him to stay away from animals.

Are his allergies really that bad that he can't breathe? If so, shots may not even fix it. I've never had pets but my dad had some growing up and has bad allergies to dander. His Doctor told him to stay away from animals.

no, not really that bad. i just meant his sinus just closed right up. it's just like normal allergies, but it's been this way for close to 6 months. he can't just keep living like this all year round. he has pounding headaches pretty much all the time unless he takes medicine.

no, not really that bad. i just meant his sinus just closed right up. it's just like normal allergies, but it's been this way for close to 6 months. he can't just keep living like this all year round. he has pounding headaches pretty much all the time unless he takes medicine.

I take an OTC Zyrtec every morning for regular allergies. They got bad when I moved to Roanoke last year. Stuff just settles in the valley. Zyrtec seems to help. Allergy shots may do the trick then, of course, they'll want to do a patch or prick test before they do shots.

Back