• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Peyton Manning is an asshole

Hopefully his fellow IMG alumni can help Tom with what looks like it could be a Tiger-light incident. Looks like there may be more....

Wait. Did I just read an entire news article based off a plaintiff's brief?

Didn't read the whole article, but the teabagging is fairly old news.

Yeah. Welcome to 1996. I'm not a Peyton fan, but why is this back in the news?

Next thing you know the media will be reporting that Marshawn Lynch ran over someone and left her for dead.

Last edited:
Yawn. Old news. And the above posts are correct...a plaintiffs brief is always salacious...they have to be in borderline extortion cases like this...I would find a scandal that partially toppled the Manning family hilarious as I think they are all insufferable but this is nothing.

I don't think a lot of people knew about it.
Apparently the entire crew at Mike and Mike this morning didn't know about it, including Stephen A Smith, which I find pretty surprising.
Yawn. Old news. And the above posts are correct...a plaintiffs brief is always salacious...they have to be in borderline extortion cases like this...I would find a scandal that partially toppled the Manning family hilarious as I think they are all insufferable but this is nothing.
The released brief was from a 2003 lawsuit that got settled. The issue came back up because of a Title IX lawsuit against Tenn.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/02/15/peyton-manning-mentioned-in-title-ix-lawsuit-against-university-tennessee.html

Are we ever going to find out what the redacted incident was that preceded the teabagging?

The "Marshawn ran someone over and left them for dead" characterization is a bit dramatic. I just googled it (I didnt know this happened) and it was some drunk lady dancing in the street who just got a bruised hip and 7 stitches on her leg.

No. Lynch's excuse was that he saw another woman drunkenly dancing in the street and that is why he didn't see the woman that he hit (who wasn't drunk or dancing).
But, regardless, all of these stories were out there previously, it just that we didn't have ever-present social media at the time reporting every second of everything that happened, accompanied by live video.

I don't think a lot of people knew about it.

This is really old news and there were several lawsuits filed over it by both parties. Never the less it was not a good thing to do by a young Peyton Manning back in the day, but it was about 20 years ago and quite a sophomoric type prank getting a lot of airtime now that Tennessee athletics is in the news with other major complaints.

dismiss it as a sophomoric prank if you like but i would not want my wife, daughter, or son to be subjected to that. however, the much larger issue is the response by tennessee staff. not surprising but they come off as sexist, racist, and pretty terrible in their treatment of anyone not a straight, white male. i would happily play the violin while their entire professional world burned down.

I don't really think this was about what Manning did, but rather the lengths they went to destroy her world & career.

dismiss it as a sophomoric prank if you like but i would not want my wife, daughter, or son to be subjected to that. however, the much larger issue is the response by tennessee staff. not surprising but they come off as sexist, racist, and pretty terrible in their treatment of anyone not a straight, white male. i would happily play the violin while their entire professional world burned down.

Do you play?

This is really old news and there were several lawsuits filed over it by both parties. Never the less it was not a good thing to do by a young Peyton Manning back in the day, but it was about 20 years ago and quite a sophomoric type prank getting a lot of airtime now that Tennessee athletics is in the news with other major complaints.

1) Nothing about the first sentence changes anything about my statement that a lot of people never heard about it.

2) Sorry bud, and maybe this is colored by being married to a prosecutor, but sexually assaulting someone by putting your penis on their head and your balls in their face (especially a woman) is not a "sophomoric prank."

srsly even if it was a prank and not assault as described by the trainer, the fact that he went out of his way to badmouth her in his book several years later speaks to his character. Not to mention Archie sounds like a racist prick.

Are we ever going to find out what the redacted incident was that preceded the teabagging?

The "Marshawn ran someone over and left them for dead" characterization is a bit dramatic. I just googled it (I didnt know this happened) and it was some drunk lady dancing in the street who just got a bruised hip and 7 stitches on her leg.

So did Craig James kill those hookers or no?

Back