• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PGA CHAMPIONSHIP CONTEST - bobknightfan WINS!

63 entries into the PGA Championship!

Most popular picks are:Johnson 23
Day 22
Scott 19
McIlroy 18
Simpson 16
Watson 14
Choi 13
Fowler 12
Haas 12
Mickelson 12
Stricker 12
Donald 10

LINK TO AUTO-UPDATING SCORESHEET

Click "Download" in upper left corner to download.

I added a column to calculate the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place bonus... so the "Total" score may look a little odd early.

Last edited:
Deacref and I have completely different teams, other than the one common person of Adam Scott.

3rd overall place Isle has only McIlroy in common with me, and Mickelson in common with Deacref.

I'll of course be keeping an eye on Rocket and OleForester as well but those are the main competition for the overall championship.

Good luck to both of you.

I like that i have Tiger and you both have Stevie. I am so screwed. But dammit, I will be ready when Tiger wins one again. Of course, by the time that happens, his point value might be in the 66-80 range.

I'll admit I am least confident about my lineup this tournament than I was about any of my others. This field just felt very top heavy, with not much value in the 150s.

I took Streelman and Sabbatini. Both are having solid years and make a lot of cuts. Was also thinking of Byrd, Vegas and Marino, but they haven't done much in the last few months - were more Winter-Spring wonders.

I took Streelman and Sabbatini. Both are having solid years and make a lot of cuts. Was also thinking of Byrd, Vegas and Marino, but they haven't done much in the last few months - were more Winter-Spring wonders.

Yeah, I also went with two 150s: Brandt Jobe and John Senden.

This is the second time I have selected Jobe as I feel he is a great 150 in that he consistently makes cuts and occasionally contends.

My other is Senden because he has been playing well recently, but is also very consistent. Of the 20 tournaments he has played in this year, 10 times he has finished in the Top 25. Not too shabby for a 150.

Sorry if a Haas, but Haas tied for first at -3 after 3.

Last edited:
Woah, Tiger started off playing well and then just doubled the par 3 15th. Anyone know what happened?

Also, keep it up, Haas!

I wonder how many people have 4 of the Top 5 like I do.

Webb is starting off horribly....first time I took him....

Woah, Tiger started off playing well and then just doubled the par 3 15th. Anyone know what happened?

Also, keep it up, Haas!

Splashed his tee shot. Might happen to a few players this week on that gem of a 260-yard par 3 over water. Such imagination. The last 4 holes are a very difficult stretch.

I have uploaded a new version of the scoring spreadsheet to adjust the "BONUS" calculation so you can't get mutiple -5 bonuses for 1st place since there can only be one winner.

LINK TO NEW VERSION FOR DOWNLOAD

P.S. Ryo can eat a dick.

Scott (-3)
Stricker (-6)
Jimenez (-1)
Kuchar
Jacobsen
Barnes

Nice start...

Safe to say by the trend I am seeing that the Front nine of the course is much harder than the back. Check out Tiger’s & Bubba’s scorecard. Gives more hope for Webb’s round.

yeah...Ryo was a bad choice. Bonus points for picking the golfer who finishes last? Maybe he has some Roy McAvoy magic in round 2.

Back