• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Phillip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

Not that I normally give a shit about Hollywood, but this is a big loss. A brilliant actor who was arguably the best of his generation and maybe the best one working now. Big, big loss. I could suffer through the shitfest that was The Master just because he was that good (as was Phoenix, for that matter).

In addition to the films already mentioned, I'd also throw in Doubt and Magnolia. He was on the short list for greatest movie actors of our generation. What a shame.

Thought he gave a pretty good performance in Red Dragon, as well. Great actor. It sucks that this happened.

I was just thinking about Synecdoche, New York the other day... Very emotional movie, even though I didn't totally understand it.

In addition to the films already mentioned, I'd also throw in Doubt and Magnolia. He was on the short list for greatest movie actors of our generation. What a shame.

What am I, chopped liver?

Still had a better day than the Broncos.

(too soon?)

He was supposed to pick up his kids the next day…and he was getting ripped on heroin. I don't give a fuck about his acting…whether it was good or bad. He failed as a father….

>>Hoffman was last seen alive at 8 p.m. Saturday, a law enforcement official said. He was expected to get his children on Sunday, but didn't show up, the official said. Playwright David Katz and another person went to the apartment and found him dead, the official said.
A needle was in the actor's left arm, and eight empty glassine-type bags that usually contain heroin were found in the apartment, law enforcement sources told CNN.<<

He is the probably the most memorable thing about the movie Boogie nights all these years later. And his performance in Love Liza was amazing. That is pretty much the saddest movie ever.

He is the probably the most memorable thing about the movie Boogie nights all these years later.

I don't know... William H Macy blowing his brains out after killing his wife who is repeatedly banging other dudes is probably up there.

I don't know... William H Macy blowing his brains out after killing his wife who is repeatedly banging other dudes is probably up there.

See, I don't even remember William H Macy being in that movie. But it's been about 15 years since I've seen it.

He is the probably the most memorable thing about the movie Boogie nights all these years later. And his performance in Love Liza was amazing. That is pretty much the saddest movie ever.

Heather Graham and this:

No one sharted on film better.

He was awesome in Love Liza. If you haven't seen it already I highly recommend 'Owning Mahoney'. He played a banker addicted to gambling. Another powerfully sad role.

I had a random-ass dream involving PSH Saturday night. We were trekking through frozen tundra looking for a party at an ice castle. I told my wife about it shortly after waking up because it was humorously odd. About an hour later, she yells across the house that I am creepy and PSH is dead.

He was supposed to pick up his kids the next day…and he was getting ripped on heroin. I don't give a fuck about his acting…whether it was good or bad. He failed as a father….

>>Hoffman was last seen alive at 8 p.m. Saturday, a law enforcement official said. He was expected to get his children on Sunday, but didn't show up, the official said. Playwright David Katz and another person went to the apartment and found him dead, the official said.
A needle was in the actor's left arm, and eight empty glassine-type bags that usually contain heroin were found in the apartment, law enforcement sources told CNN.<<

fuck off

Authorities investigating the death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman found close to 50 bags containing what is believed to be heroin in his apartment, two law enforcement sources familiar with the probe said Monday. Investigators also found several bottles of prescription drugs, and more than 20 used syringes in a plastic cup, the sources said.

:eek:

Thanks for the sanctimonious post. We really didn't understand the man's imperfections till you came along and shed light on them.

Back