• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Philly Wing Bowl

PhillyDeac

Reaction score
I know the other Philly natives know about the Wing Bowl all too well, for those of you that don't know, it's one of the major eating competitions in the US. It sells out the Wells Fargo Center every year in minutes.

Last year, the famous Takeru Kobayashi won the event, setting a record eating 337 wings.... this year it is SMASHED by a 120lbs mid-western mother of 4 who ate 363 wings.....

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/01/31/molly-schuyler-sets-a-record-wins-wing-bowl-22-with/

how did your girlfriend sandusky do? how many bones did he take down?

“To tell you the truth, I didn’t even think I was going to win this, I was looking and hoping to finish in the top three,” said Schuyler, who was going to catch a flight to Des Moines, Iowa Friday afternoon to compete in the IHOP Pancake Bowl I Saturday, then attempt to defend her title later Saturday afternoon at the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival.

I mean, really. "Can't believe you guys couldn't keep up. Welp, off to eat some more."

2 eating contest on Saturday? That's insane

I ate in a wing eating contest for charity one time....i ate 60 wings and thought I was going to die for the next 2 days....

She'll need an Adam Richman-strength toilet after that kind of binge. I did 75 in about 90 minutes once- once- and made a few people in the dorm very angry.

From her wiki:

Later in October Schuyler became the first person to win (and to try) Nebraska Brewing Company's Death Pizza challenge, a five-pound pie covered in sauce made with ghost chili peppers. She finished in 24 minutes, 56 seconds. Since she was the first person to win the challenge, she got to name the pizza, and named it "Molly's Humble Pie."

Back