• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pickup Truck Question

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
I have a 2012 F150 Lariat and my truck cover has broken and can't be economically fixed as most of the rollers are worn out. I looked at several new ones that fold up but are not completely waterproof and they run about $1100. If I were to go with a camper top that would be flush with my roof line and would be waterproof, as well as locking, they start at about $1700 and go from from there depending on options.

I don't move a lot of dirt, mulch, furniture, etc anymore so either will work and both have pros and cons. I am kind of stuck as to which one to get.

Pit got any advice here?

I'll ask the obvious question: What about a new one that is the same as what you have? Is that included in the "new ones...?"

What characteristics are most important to you? Totally waterproof, lockable, price, or?

I have an older f150 with a Leonard utility top. Three opaque doors, rack on top.

Not pretty or completely waterproof (close), but incredibly practical.

Not really that hard to remove if I want or need to.

I'll ask the obvious question: What about a new one that is the same as what you have? Is that included in the "new ones...?"

What characteristics are most important to you? Totally waterproof, lockable, price, or?

The one that came on the truck I did not buy nor necessarily like, but it was on there so I used it.

Waterproof and lockable are most important characteristics. How much weight does a camper shell (Leonard, A.R.E.) add and does it affect ride at all?

That diamond back cover is pretty slick...

Just get a soft roll up. Easy to install and 99% waterproof. Absolutely have never had an issue with things getting wet.

I have a Bakflip tri-fold, I've had it for about 9 years and it still works fine. It is lockable, pretty waterproof, strong enough to stand on top of, and new ones look to cost less than $1,000. I say pretty waterproof because when it is on right it is completely waterproof, but I have to adjust it maybe once a year as opening and closing it all year gradually shifts the seal alignment a little bit, so if/when I see a little water getting in I'll realign it and it works fine again.

Back