• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Picture This for a Minute

slickdeac

Reaction score
We wake up tomorrow. Buzz is finally fired. Battle is named interim coach for the rest of the season.

Indulge with me for a second...I just played through the scenario in my head and think about how fun it would be to whole-heartedly root for this team for the rest of the season! Instead of feeling torn like most of us between I-really-really-love-WF-and-want-to-win vs I-really-really-want-Buzz gone...instead we can all go back to normal and cheer passionately for Wake. Maybe Battle wins an ACC Tournament game, and we get to fully enjoy that rather than if Buzz won one and be partially sick that Mr. Wellman could rationalize bringing Buzz back.

I'm certainly in the camp of not hating Coach Bzz as a person--because I don't even know him. But I do get so excited about finally getting to wake up from this nightmare. I'm just so excited. I really feel like it's coming.

We'll still be left with the same shitty athletic director. So, my advice is dream bigger.

Ron would never fire a coach mid season. Buzz will resign at the end of the year. I 100% promise you it will happen.

The sad reality is that as Buzz goes, so goes the staff, unless the next coach decides to retain some of them. Or unless Wellman makes the replacement take them, which means we won't get a good replacement.

Besides Battle, none of the other ass. coaches should be ass. coaches in the ACC right now.

The sad reality is that as Buzz goes, so goes the staff, unless the next coach decides to retain some of them. Or unless Wellman makes the replacement take them, which means we won't get a good replacement.
I don't think Wellman will require the new coach to do that. Only did that with Bzzz because no one wanted to work for the guy.

Back