• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinball Machines

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
My brother picked up a machine from a company he used to work for about 20 years ago but only recently got it working correctly. Once he did and I played it I felt like I got hooked like I did when I was young back in the late 70's. I have since bought myself one and I am looking around for a couple of other Bally machines from the mid to late 1970's.

Does anyone in the Pit have any old machines still sitting in theirs or their parents basement or attic?

Yeah my parents have this one:

955901-twilight_zone_pinbal1l.jpg

So fun, I got super good at it for a while but the one flipper keeps breaking.

we also have an Operation: Wolf. i've never beaten it even with the unlimited lives; just too damned frustrating

Wife one time found one of these old timey baseball machines like they used to have at the Myrtle Beach Pavillion on craigslist for insanely below what they're worth, but someone had already snatched it up and despite her best efforts she wasn't able to successfully use her feminine wiles to get the seller to renege on his deal.

Of course, I have no idea where we would have put this thing, especially now that we have kids, and I'm sure maintenance would have been a huge pain in the ass and logistical nightmare, but it still would have been pretty bitchin.

there's a bar in town with like 20 of these things lined up. Fish Tales and Earth Shaker are my 2 favorites that I want to own one day, but yeah, I hear when they break (which is often) you end up spending hundreds of dollars to fix every time, unless you learn to fix it yourself.

I've been tempted to pick one up from the Auction Sale that comes through the Dash twice a year. Maintenance can be annoying and costly, but hey maybe in today's 3D printer world it's not so bad.

I've always wanted to get one, but don't have the room or money for it. Addams Family would be my number one choice, but Twilight Zone is a solid #2. As much as I enjoy playing video games, I love pinball even more. Maybe dot com and I can both hit up the Auction Sale next time it comes to town.

I've always wanted to get one, but don't have the room or money for it. Addams Family would be my number one choice, but Twilight Zone is a solid #2. As much as I enjoy playing video games, I love pinball even more. Maybe dot com and I can both hit up the Auction Sale next time it comes to town.

I picked this Bally Mata Hari up locally though the guy that fixes my brother's and now mine. I go it for $825 in working condition although I want to put new drop targets and some new lights in it. This guy said to never pay more than about 1K for a machine unless it is something like Adams Family, Twilight Zone, or KISS. Believe it or not there are actually guys all around that work on these things. Most machines can be picked up these days on craigslist or ebay.

image-13.jpg

I picked this Bally Mata Hari up locally though the guy that fixes my brother's and now mine. I go it for $825 in working condition although I want to put new drop targets and some new lights in it. This guy said to never pay more than about 1K for a machine unless it is something like Adams Family, Twilight Zone, or KISS. Believe it or not there are actually guys all around that work on these things. Most machines can be picked up these days on craigslist or ebay.

Which is strange cause they run like 3k minimum at all the dealers. I'd own one already if I could get what I wanted for $850.

jesus, twilight zone fully restored is worth $10k. wonder if my parents realize that.

Wife one time found one of these old timey baseball machines like they used to have at the Myrtle Beach Pavillion on craigslist for insanely below what they're worth, but someone had already snatched it up and despite her best efforts she wasn't able to successfully use her feminine wiles to get the seller to renege on his deal.

Of course, I have no idea where we would have put this thing, especially now that we have kids, and I'm sure maintenance would have been a huge pain in the ass and logistical nightmare, but it still would have been pretty bitchin.

By far my favorite coin-op game ever. They still have them at MB. I played one earlier this year at the arcade near the big ferris wheel.

We had a customer that sold these on the side and I think he is still in the business. He is great at repairs as well. Old school with scrolling numbers. As a kid we would always have two in the basement, and rotated them out e dry so often.

First one was “ Nip-it” Pinball machine on Happy Days at Arnolds, Chicago, still own Grand Prix, can’t remember the other ones.

Deac Watcher, I will send you a PM with his information. Great guy, a little different, but great guy. Use to love to skydive, once landed in my backyard for my birthday party ( tight squeeze next to some power lines)

Which is strange cause they run like 3k minimum at all the dealers. I'd own one already if I could get what I wanted for $850.

I am not sure where you are located Palma but its seems like the west coast (you may pay a little more out there). If that's the case you might be in luck. There is a Earth Shaker for sale in Olympia, WA and a Fish Tales that might be for sale in Hemet, CA which I think is outside of LA. The website below will list games that folks have and whether or not or even maybe they will sell. You can also find folks that will fix them on this site.

http://www.pinballowners.com/

Machines also might be more expensive if they have had the playing surface clear coated and repainted or if the regular lights have been replaced by LED's which burn cooler.

September 19 10am: Winston-Salem, NC – Dixie Classic Fairgrounds

I'm not too particular about any theme of pinball, just want one with ramps and overall goals you build towards by hitting various targets.

By far my favorite coin-op game ever. They still have them at MB. I played one earlier this year at the arcade near the big ferris wheel.

This took me back. The difference in a good pitching machine and bad pitching machine. Mmm.

My parents have a High Speed Pinball, which is definitely one of the greats.

DCMewij.jpg

One of their friends used to have, what might be the greatest pinball machine ever.

15H4QoG.jpg

Back