• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinehurst dining/drinking suggestions

DownEastDeac

Reaction score
Staying at the Pine Crest Inn this Friday for a little "get-a-way", and interested in where to get drinks and eats. Something casual/comfortable (golf shirt and decent shorts) and in the Village, i.e. no driving. And eating at the Pine Crest is certainly an option, though I've heard mixed reviews since they stopped including dinner as part of the room charge. This is our first time ever staying in Pinehurst, so any tips on what to do are appreciated (p.s. I've heard the Pine Crest is of the "shabby chic" variety; we're good with that as long as it's clean).

I honestly think Betsy's Crepes in SP is your best bet in the area, but it doesn't meet your criteria.

Pine Crest and Drum&Quill would be my two recs for what you are looking for. I ate at Pine Crest fairly recently and thought it was great for a drink and dinner. Same goes for Drum.

Dugan's might also be a good option to consider.

People don't generally go to Pinehurst because the food's so awesome. Just sayin'.

It's not in the Village but Maxie's is a great place to eat and drink. Better than Dugan's imo.

Ten Ya is the best restaurant in the Village (japanese food). Theo's is good also (they say it's Greek but it's not). Dugan's has taken a dive in the last five years, I never go there anymore. If you want pub food then Drum & Quill is a better option.

Definitely do the Villager for breakfast.

As for bars the Pine Crest porch is always the best bet in the village. They stop serving at like 10:30 now so don't get there too late.

You and I have nearly polar opposite views of the village.

Tenya isn't amazing (unless they have totally flipped in the last 2 years).

I agree that Dugan's has a different feel than it did a few years ago, but all you can eat fish night (tonight) is radical as fuck. Great place to hang out.

DED, you should hit Beefeaters. Their prime rib is the best piece of meat you'll get.

If you want a cool local dive bar to hang out at, Broad Street Bar and Grill is awesome. They have fresh pork skins that are just grossly delicious (and I don't like pork skins).

Vito's off Broad Street is the place to go to get Pizza. Get a Castle. It's just...well, fucking amazing.

For Breakfast, hit up the Track on 5. I think google has it as "Pinehurst Track Restaurant." It's an awesome little cinderblock building with southern breakfast fare.

If you want a personal dining experience, I like Elliot's on Linden. It's been a few years since I've gone there, but I remember it as being a good experience.

If we are extending outside the village I would give way different recommendations but he said he doesn't want to drive. Ironwood is my favorite restaurant in the county.

I have been to Broad St once and got the shit kicked me out of me (my head was bleeding all over) by some drunk idiots. My friend and I basically got jumped. Not going back there. Jefferson, Bell Tree, and O'Donnells late night are the bars to hit in So Pines.

OFY ironwood is so good. Timdunk have you tried Maxie's?

Is that the one behind Clark Chevrolet? If so then I've been for lunch before with my dad. Good sports bar food. I know it is a chain but I still kind of prefer Hickory Tavern.

I lied about Ironwood being my favorite restaurant in the county, it is second. Number one is and will always be Wedgies.

My favorite new place is the Fish Fry house on 211 (near the intersection of 15-501 and US 1). It used to be Eva's Burger then a french restaurant, now it is a fry house and it is delicious. Everything is fried to order.

Oh man I would kill for Wedgies in Greensboro. Gimme dat Texas.

Correct on Maxie's.

We would usually go to Dugan's but had a horrible experience last time we went. Just very poor service by both the waitress and manager. We walked out before ordering and ended up down the street at Magnolia Inn.

Ended up very impressed with the dinner there. We all left very happy with the experience and agreed we'd be coming back there in the future over Dugan's.

For Breakfast, hit up the Track on 5. I think google has it as "Pinehurst Track Restaurant." It's an awesome little cinderblock building with southern breakfast fare.

Beat me to it. One of my siblings lived in Pinehurst for years until moving away a few months ago. We tried to eat at this place whenever we visited.

Beat me to it. One of my siblings lived in Pinehurst for years until moving away a few months ago. We tried to eat at this place whenever we visited.

Yeah, I also recommend this place. Nothing fancy at all - just good southern breakfast. I've liked Dugan's the few times I've been there.

Really enjoyed our stay and dinner/breakfast at the Pine Crest inn, and a stroll over to the Drum and Quill for a few drinks. First time ever for an overnight in the village; a really unique and special place even if a round of golf is not on your agenda.

This place is awesome. And you get a ton of food for super cheap.

Back