• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pink Floyd's 10 best deep cuts

Didn't read the article but off the top of my head:

Bike
Nile song
What's uh the deal
San tropez
Seamus the dog
Dogs
Not now John
2 suns in the sunset
Grandchester meadows

No Echoes? Pretty much the prelude to the concept albums that they would crank out for the rest of their career.

Gotta be "Wish You Were Here" right? That might be TOO deep.

They excluded any song from DSOTM, WYWH, Animals or the Wall, because these are the core PF albums that everybody knows and which get airplay pretty regularly on classic rock stations. I have heard Wish You Were Here on Rock 92 more times than I care to count.

Sorry, I guess both times that my sarcasm didn't come off as obvious as it seemed.

In no way do I think Wish You Were Here could be considered deep cuts. It was a dumb attempt at what I thought was an obvious joke.

I've never claimed to be funny :thumbsup:

Sorry, I guess both times that my sarcasm didn't come off as obvious as it seemed.

In no way do I think Wish You Were Here could be considered deep cuts. It was a dumb attempt at what I thought was an obvious joke.

I've never claimed to be funny :thumbsup:
No sweat. Missed it.

Mowed the lawn to saucerful and piper today cause of this thread. Forgot about The Gnome, Interstellar Overdrive, corporal clegg

"And I'm wondering who could be writing this song"

Didn't read the article but off the top of my head:

Bike
Nile song
What's uh the deal
San tropez
Seamus the dog
Dogs
Not now John
2 suns in the sunset
Grandchester meadows

Good call on Seamus and Wot's Uh The Deal... Would put The Gold It's In The in there too.

Does "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" count as a deep cut? Because that song is the shizz.

-Free Four
-The Nile Song
-If
-Fat Old Sun
-Paintbox
-Astronomy Domine
-Interstellar Overdrive
-Remember a Day
-Arnold Layne
-Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

Back