• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

I'd go to Nashville or Charlotte for sure, hoping for the former since Charlotte was so recent and we're headed back there for ND. Would probably also go to the OB if we made it.

ESPN Projections

New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Yankee Stadium, New York
Dec. 27, 3:20 p.m., ESPN

Bonagura: Illinois vs. Wake Forest
Schlabach: Illinois vs. Pittsburgh

Belk Bowl
Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
Dec. 31, noon, ESPN

Bonagura: Missouri vs. Virginia Tech
Schlabach: Mississippi State vs. Wake Forest

ESPN Projections

New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Yankee Stadium, New York
Dec. 27, 3:20 p.m., ESPN

Bonagura: Illinois vs. Wake Forest
Schlabach: Illinois vs. Pittsburgh

Belk Bowl
Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
Dec. 31, noon, ESPN

Bonagura: Missouri vs. Virginia Tech
Schlabach: Mississippi State vs. Wake Forest

Schlabach has Miami going to the Nashville bowl with Louisville dropping to Tier 2 and doing the Military Bowl. I can't really see that happening. Feel like Louisville is destined for either Nashville or Charlotte. If they go Charlotte, then UVA probably goes to Nashville and we are turfed to El Paso or NYC. If Nashville negotiates to keep Louisville, then we are the best option for Charlotte.

Schlabach has Miami going to the Nashville bowl with Louisville dropping to Tier 2 and doing the Military Bowl. I can't really see that happening. Feel like Louisville is destined for either Nashville or Charlotte. If they go Charlotte, then UVA probably goes to Nashville and we are turfed to El Paso or NYC. If Nashville negotiates to keep Louisville, then we are the best option for Charlotte.

I read on twitter yesterday that we can´t go to the Belk Bowl for some reason this year. Anyone else read or hear this?

I feel certain that VT will be ranked in CFP tomorrow, so I'm hoping for UVA to beat them, and then Clemson to smack UVA. If that happens, and we beat Cuse, it will at least make it interesting.

I think the Belk is almost certain to get VPI or Louisville. They’ve made no qualms about wanting VPI if they don’t make the Orange Bowl (rightfully so - big fanbase, travels well, and not too far away).

Agreed that Belk isn’t likely to take UVA (played there last year) or Wake (played there two years ago and plays ND in Charlotte next season).

would Belk want ACC CG loser VT to play again in Charlotte?

This point keeps getting lost. Yes, UVA and Wake have been in the bowl recently. Yes, we play ND there next year. But VT will have just lost a game in the stadium 3 weeks before this.

Seems like the Belk has a ton of potential conflict issues as the prime candidates appear to be WF (played in CLT in 2017 and will play next year), UVA (played in the Belk Bowl last year and may play in the ACCCG next week), VT (may play in the ACCCG next week). Are there any other ACC schools potentially in line for this bowl? L'ville?

Seems like the Belk has a ton of potential conflict issues as the prime candidates appear to be WF (played in CLT in 2017 and will play next year), UVA (played in the Belk Bowl last year and may play in the ACCCG next week), VT (may play in the ACCCG next week). Are there any other ACC schools potentially in line for this bowl? L'ville?

Yeah, looking like Louisville would be the best candidate.

I think the Belk is almost certain to get VPI or Louisville. They’ve made no qualms about wanting VPI if they don’t make the Orange Bowl (rightfully so - big fanbase, travels well, and not too far away).

Agreed that Belk isn’t likely to take UVA (played there last year) or Wake (played there two years ago and plays ND in Charlotte next season).

Link ?

Back