• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Pinstripe most likely
Camping world second
Music City
Sun
Citrus (need a few things to fall our way).

With VT losing to UVA and WF’s schedule being tougher than their’s, IF WF can win big against Cuse and UVA loses to Clemson, WF has a definite OB shot.

VPI is out of the discussion IMO. They have 7 wins against FBS teams and I don’t think they stay in the top 25 (and won’t jump back in since their regular season is over). Think it is difficult for us to jump UVA overall.

Clemson would get at large ny6

I know someone on here said, " Virginia will not beat VT". I thought that was too bold given the game was at Va.

But I will say UVa is NOT going to beat Clemson.

I may have missed it, but what happens if we lose today. Are we still a Tier 1 bowl or could we drop to Tier2?

I may have missed it, but what happens if we lose today. Are we still a Tier 1 bowl or could we drop to Tier2?

Florida State or Miami could bump us to a tier 2 game if they win and we lose.

Giglio posting on Twitter that according to the ACC, VT’s record for bowl purposes is 8-4, not 7-4 like was assumed since they had two FCS wins. Apparently if they went 7-5 they would have been considered 6-5.

Basically, unless the rule is black and white it will be interpreted to not favor Wake.
Prior to and during this season, the rule interpretations were:

- CFP committee was to continue to rank outside top 25 to pick the Orange Bowl participant - Nope
- Two FCS wins would only count as one win - Nope
- If a team recovers an onside kick, they get the ball - Sorry, not accurate

Why is going to El Paso considered a Tier 1 bowl game? I know that's how the ACC ranks it but shouldn't they make the teams that don't qualify for a bowl game just go there for a week instead?

Basically, unless the rule is black and white it will be interpreted to not favor Wake.
Prior to and during this season, the rule interpretations were:

- CFP committee was to continue to rank outside top 25 to pick the Orange Bowl participant - Nope
- Two FCS wins would only count as one win - Nope

This vague flexibility exists to bolster ACC revenue.

We'll almost always be on the losing end of these murky waters because we're not a cash cow/tv ratings driver (yet).

Official SIX WINS AND WE'RE BOWLING BUT WHERE?? Speculation thread

I wouldnt be upset if that resulted in the Gasparilla Bowl.

We would get an decent AAC opponent similar to last year. Most likely decent weather although last year was a rainy mess. Easily the best Tier 2 option.

Why is going to El Paso considered a Tier 1 bowl game? I know that's how the ACC ranks it but shouldn't they make the teams that don't qualify for a bowl game just go there for a week instead?

The Sun Bowl used to be a pretty good bowl and the Pac-12 used to be a pretty good conference.

We would get an decent AAC opponent similar to last year. Most likely decent weather although last year was a rainy mess. Easily the best Tier 2 option.

The Sun Bowl used to be a pretty good bowl and the Pac-12 used to be a pretty good conference.

Can I crash on your sofa?

Back