• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pissed Off? Rant Here

I fundamentally disagree.

That's fine, but it is important to recognize that that view is a philosophical one. You can't get there by pointing to "evidence" either. If you try, you are already adopting the assumptions of a scientific world view. You can only get there philosophically, and incorrectly, in my view.

asshole bikers are annoying to drivers. asshole drivers are life threatening to bikers. the latter is a lot more prevalent. cry me a river fatass drivers.

this. this is what gets me. i'm not a bad/agro cyclist by any stretch. i do what is safe. i have slapped a car one time, and that's because it was turning right in front of me after cutting me off.
i fully recognize that there are plenty of dickhead cyclists out there... so i curse at them under my breath (or out loud) and keep driving exactly how i would if it were my grandmother on that bike, because my CAR and any action i can take with it is not an appropriate tool to use against them to help them 'get the message.'

I will say the cyclist delivery people for Jimmy Johns don't think any road laws apply to them.

I was walking to school yesterday and was on a very uncrowded area. Was crossing a side street in a crosswalk and this woman on a bike says "watch where you're going pumpkin" and I lost it. I said "I'm in the crosswalk and you have a fucking stop sign don't be a bitch about it." She couldn't have been more than 30. I think it just pissed me off because it was 7:30 in the morning but if you're in a crosswalk where there's no crossing signal or stoplight you have the right of way as a pedestrian and it drives me crazy how cyclists ignore traffic laws when it's advantageous to them.

I was walking to school yesterday and was on a very uncrowded area. Was crossing a side street in a crosswalk and this woman on a bike says "watch where you're going pumpkin" and I lost it. I said "I'm in the crosswalk and you have a fucking stop sign don't be a bitch about it." She couldn't have been more than 30. I think it just pissed me off because it was 7:30 in the morning but if you're in a crosswalk where there's no crossing signal or stoplight you have the right of way as a pedestrian and it drives me crazy how cyclists ignore traffic laws when it's advantageous to them.

well last night i was biking in the bike lane and these two people decided to just cross the street not at an intersection completely oblivious despite the fact that i was wearing my orange basketball shirt and had lights. they were holding hands and acting like morons, and i had to swerve in to the road to avoid them as they meandered in the bike lane. it drives me crazy how pedestrians ignore traffic laws when it's advantageous to them.

We didn't spend trillions of dollars on infrastructure so you assholes could slow us down. Take it to #spinclass

well last night i was biking in the bike lane and these two people decided to just cross the street not at an intersection completely oblivious despite the fact that i was wearing my orange basketball shirt and had lights. they were holding hands and acting like morons, and i had to swerve in to the road to avoid them as they meandered in the bike lane. it drives me crazy how pedestrians ignore traffic laws when it's advantageous to them.

Yeah that's annoying. It just irritated me that she clearly thought I was at fault for the whole ordeal when I was in a place designated for crossing the street and Massachusetts law is to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk unless there's a signal.

I live in a very bike friendly city and I never, ever see this behavior.

I suggest you come to Weddington and Waxhaw on Saturday and Sunday. Hell, the YMCA sanctions these during the week. They have "teams" in charlotte wearing their "kits"

We didn't spend trillions of dollars on infrastructure so you assholes could slow us down. Take it to #spinclass

This. I want to get to work on time, not be slowed down by some fruitcake in spandex with a chip on his shoulder and a death wish.

I remember my first job where I was worried about getting to work "on time." It gets a lot better when you provide actual value and make your own hours.

I suggest you come to Weddington and Waxhaw on Saturday and Sunday. Hell, the YMCA sanctions these during the week. They have "teams" in charlotte wearing their "kits"

Why the hell would I go to either of those places?

ieMU7zN.gif

Back