• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

The brew pub is ok - I think it is in a strip center. The beer is awesome though, food is ok - usually packed with kids/families.

You might as well go, but likely not going to be somewhere you go back to frequently.

so we ended up going to Prism in North Wales then Round Guys in Lansdale.

Round Guys had an awesome berliner weisse and some saisons in brandy barrels and bourbon barrels.

Cracked open a Founder's Backwoods Bastard this evening. I stuck a couple four packs in the closet last year and forgot about them....I guess rediscovering them was one of the benefits of moving.

Backwoods Bastard is probably my favorite of the bourbon barrel aged stuff.

so we ended up going to Prism in North Wales then Round Guys in Lansdale.

Round Guys had an awesome berliner weisse and some saisons in brandy barrels and bourbon barrels.

I haven't been the Round Guys place yet - their beer is solid, have had it at a couple of places. Is Prism still in the back of that business center? I actually kinda liked it there, the hot dogs were decent, the beer was cheap, not great, but ok - the dudes there were pretty cool - and they had a big screen tv and some arcade games.

I haven't been the Round Guys place yet - their beer is solid, have had it at a couple of places. Is Prism still in the back of that business center? I actually kinda liked it there, the hot dogs were decent, the beer was cheap, not great, but ok - the dudes there were pretty cool - and they had a big screen tv and some arcade games.

yeah, prism is basically behind an industrial shop. at both places the beers were cheap place and had a laid back vibe

Tampa Deacs : Went to Cigar City for the first time in a year or two and they really expanded the tap room. Probably quadrupled what it once was and was packed on Saturday afternoon

Tried to drink a Creme Brulee bomber last night. Drank about 4 sips and the rest went down the drain. What a disgusting beer.

Tried to drink a Creme Brulee bomber last night. Drank about 4 sips and the rest went down the drain. What a disgusting beer.

Eh, its not terrible if you are in the mood for it. Agree thought that no one should ever drink a full 22 ounces of it at one sitting.

Happy IPA Day! Bar I went to was selling Torpedo for $4 in this glass and you get to keep the glass. Great deal.

2n7042d.jpg

Picked up Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin and Deschutes Chainbreaker White IPA over the weekend. Both are good - the White IPA is like a happy wheat beer. Little Sumpin Sumpin is awesome, always one of my favorite, also a pale wheat beer style. Both are recommended.

Alright here is a fun hypothetical for this thread:

You are planning for a wedding in September in Lancaster, PA. You will have Coors Light for the shitty beer drinkers. You now have to choose 3 more styles for the educated lot. You need to choose 3 different styles. Finally, the choices all must be from breweries in Pennsylvania and one of them must come from the Lancaster Brewing Co.

I have my three.

What do you come up with?

You effed up....get rid of Coors Light for....

Iron City Light
Lancaster Milk Stout
either Victory Golden Monkey or Troegs Hopback Amber
and since its September, Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin

that's an initial list that could easily change with more thought

actually, probably not a wise idea to have two 8+% beers at your wedding

just got a 7 dollar growler of a nice hefe #thanksdiscountdays

Back