• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Workout Thread

DeaconCav06

Dickie Hemric
Reaction score
So, we've got running and cycling, I thought we should just go ahead and have a basic workout thread.

Anybody have any good tips or current workouts? I'm about to place an order for some more protein and am trying to figure out what other supplements I should be looking at. Any thoughts?

Just joined a gym 3 days ago, and felt out of place just doing basic weights...

Pit: whats a good starter routine to build on?

Buckets and I have both used freetrainers.com in the past.

@mako1331

I took it to the workout thread. Are you going to compete in the CF Open next year? I think you could advance. I missed the cut in 2022 (thanks dead lifts) and skipped this year because my "gym" was closed. This was the last workout from the '22 Open.

• 21 Pull-Ups
  • 42 Double-Unders
  • 21 Thrusters (95 lbs)
  • 18 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
  • 36 Double-Unders
  • 18 Thrusters (115)
  • 15 Bar Muscle-Ups
  • 30 Double-Unders
  • 15 Thrusters (135)
11:48.

Yes, you can do the bullshit kipping.

@mako1331

I took it to the workout thread. Are you going to compete in the CF Open next year? I think you could advance. I missed the cut in 2022 (thanks dead lifts) and skipped this year because my "gym" was closed. This was the last workout from the '22 Open.

• 21 Pull-Ups
  • 42 Double-Unders
  • 21 Thrusters (95 lbs)
  • 36 Double-Unders
  • 18 Thrusters (115)
  • 15 Bar Muscle-Ups
  • 30 Double-Unders
  • 15 Thrusters (135)

I've thought about it. We have a traveling team at our gym that competes in a lot of different events and we just got done recording lifts and workouts to qualify for a competition in Miami. My biggest concern is actually my kipping. I've got to get a lot better at it to actually be able to compete at a high level. Also, that's moving for that workout. Pretty impressive.

@mako1331

• 21 Pull-Ups
  • 42 Double-Unders
  • 21 Thrusters (95 lbs)
  • 36 Double-Unders
  • 18 Thrusters (115)
  • 15 Bar Muscle-Ups
  • 30 Double-Unders
  • 15 Thrusters (135)

What do you excel at in your typical workouts, and what do you suck at? Anything running or high intensity cardio I usually do pretty well at, but I am such shit at the rower for some reason in comparison. Also, I'm not great at double unders.

I suck at any that have a heavy bar lift (or even lots of reps on the bar), other than maybe cleans. I did not lift weights until I was almost 40 and you can tell.

Like here is the 2nd workout from ‘22 that I got time capped on. From what I’ve read you’d finish this easily.

For Time
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Reps of:
Deadlifts (225/155 lb)
Bar-Facing Burpees

Time Cap: 10 minutes

I suck at any that have a heavy bar lift (or even lots of reps on the bar), other than maybe cleans. I did not lift weights until I was almost 40 and you can tell.

Like here is the 2nd workout from ‘22 that I got time capped on. From what I’ve read you’d finish this easily.

For Time
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Reps of:
Deadlifts (225/155 lb)
Bar-Facing Burpees

Time Cap: 10 minutes
I kinda like burpees, actually. If you're not a meaty guy though, that workout would suck.

Seriously impeded by whatever this nagging injury is. Seem to have feel mobility issues from the right hip all the way to the right ankle.
As I understand, it’s all connected and due to poor warm up prior to doing squats. Frustrating as hell

Yeah squats especially when you’re over 40 require a pretty lengthy dynamic warm up to prep. Lotta ways to hurt yourself.

Was in Cleveland for work Wed-Fri and busy, so didn’t have time to exercise. Throw in a few beers with coworkers, less than ideal sleep in the hotel, and poor eating and now I feel like a worthless sack of shit this morning.

Yeah squats especially when you’re over 40 require a pretty lengthy dynamic warm up to prep. Lotta ways to hurt yourself.
Yeah. Stupid and easily fixable. Just gonna take a little time to loosen up that band from the ankle to the hip back to normal

Are those St. Pete sex toys?

Been doing Peloton workouts and intermittent fasting for three weeks. My wife started Peloton three years ago and loves it. She started intermittent fasting earlier this year and she looks great.

We bought a weight rack and set (5-30) from Costco for $299. We only had a few random weights before that. My 11 year old helped me put the rack together. Today I was about to do a bike ride because it's raining. He said he wanted to work out with me so we did 30 minutes of strength classes. He hung in there and enjoyed it.

Back