• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Car Buying Advice Thread

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
So I am trying to buy a car out of state about 6 hours away. I am preapproved for auto financing though Capital One at 7.75% but don’t have a check in hand. I am also selling a vehicle to CarMax to put the equity as a down payment. I don’t want to drive 6 hours and lose the car due to an unexpected obstacle with my financing or the final cost of the vehicle. What should I do to finalize the purchase as much as possible before I leave, so that I can basically just pick the van* up and drive it home?

edit - want to clarify that my auto financing preapproval is legitimate, wife and I both had to apply and we received approval letter to give to dealerships for financing, also the dealership and vehicle are preapproved through Capital One’s auto financing search portal.

Last edited:
If the financing isn't lined up just bring some of your vintage kicks

42f2d67d-6c1f-4259-9bd9-8eafadae2095_text.gif

when I bought a car from out of state I did the financing through the dealer to make things easy at pick up. Then a month or two later I refinanced through the bank.

How much to have it delivered, if that is an option? I did one recently from ATL and it was only an additional $200 to deliver. I asked if they would price match my trade offer and they did and waived the travel fee. Just a thought.

Back