• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Fashion Thread

How much are the Darn Tough socks? The Clark's socks are $8 per pair. The warranty is free. So they're pretty cheap.

depends on what kind of socks you get. darn tough socks are always activewear type socks. they're not dress socks. but they have hiking socks, snow skiing socks, etc. a few years ago, the hiking ones that i liked (which are the really low little ankle socks. i don't like for my socks to show much above my shoes) were something like $16. it was in line with all other hiking socks. not sure what kind of socks your clark socks are. dress socks? activewear socks? we could be comparing apples and oranges here.

depends on what kind of socks you get. darn tough socks are always activewear type socks. they're not dress socks. but they have hiking socks, snow skiing socks, etc. a few years ago, the hiking ones that i liked (which are the really low little ankle socks. i don't like for my socks to show much above my shoes) were something like $16. it was in line with all other hiking socks. not sure what kind of socks your clark socks are. dress socks? activewear socks? we could be comparing apples and oranges here.

The ones I picked, I believe to be activewear.

1556190.jpg

Rocking this tie today like a boss.

Darn tough has a great policy on their own, but just thought I'd throw out that anything you buy at REI (like smartwool socks) is guaranteed 100%...

That said, I think at this point darn tough has a better product. It's a thicker weave per square inch and wears so much better.

jdawg, i'm a big fan of yellow tie/pocket square, light blue shirt, and suede oxfords with a navy suit for a nice but not work dressy look. i'm also light brown hair/blue eyes, so it goes well with my complexion.

also, yellow and light blue striped socks

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT

ok

well I definitely have the tie and socks down, I'm still torn on which shirt I want to wear. I might go a darker/bolder shade of blue than deacphan had in mind. Also might have to wear a new UVA tie (I've always loved the color combo, shoot me)

Laundry shortage forced me into the panicked decision of this pastel yellow v neck cashmere today. I look like a fucking golfer.

Jdawg -did you end up ordering coats from that vente-privee place?

If anyone (guys) is interested in Levis, vente-privee is hosting Levi there until tomorrow (Friday) at 9am. Looks like they have some selvedge jeans for $80ish.

Ah gotcha. I was going to ask how it went but I guess you don't really know.

Anyone have a good leather or canvas messenger bag they recommend??? Or seen any online that look legit?

Nice. I keep meaning to order mine. Need to get off my ass and measure myself.

Okay, so the suit came in. The pants look great. They're fairly snug, but they look good. I'd definitely wear them to work, however, I would probably not wear them in front of a jury. Just a little too trendy.

Now, the jacket is a different story. It appears it was designed by Miss Sterious. It's really short, not tailored on the sides, and just looks awful when it is on. I re-measured some areas and it looks as if they jacket isn't cut to what I sent it. I'm likely going to send the whole thing back as it cannot be altered to fit.

Anyone have a good leather or canvas messenger bag they recommend??? Or seen any online that look legit?

I really like the messenger bags I've had from Tumi. I am really happy with the one I have now:

pTUMI1-11255296v194.jpg

If you do look at Tumi, look at briefcases as well, because they consider some of their messenger bags to be briefcases, which they really aren't.

Just finishing up a sewing project and I need to pick a new one to start.
Should I make this dress in solid red silk for Christmas:
71857087368426051b1ao.jpg

Or this dress out of some wool:
img314882v803ydyj4sokkg.jpg

Dress number 2 only has 4 pieces, which gives it the advantage. Dress #1 is more festive.

Back