• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Grilling Thread

I use a wire bristle brush but then oil the grates with an oil soaked paper towel so I am hoping that would get any bristles that stuck to the grates

I use a hard plastic bristled brush or mostly just burn things off these days. My old wire bristle brush started shedding bristles that stick to the grates so I got concerned about them getting in food and ingesting them. Hope that wasn’t your bad experience cookout…
Didn't ingest but did get a nice bite 😬

I've been totally happy with my bristle free setup for the last year or two. Don't miss having to worry about that shit at all.

I currently have the one Townie linked, and don't like the bristles falling out from time to time. I've looked into the grill rescue brushes, but wasn't sure if it was worth the hype.
They do work really well, I was frustrated with them at first because I ordered through their site and it took like 2 months to get, but I think they're on Amazon/prime now.

I got one at HD a while back that is essentially 2 steel wool scrubbers on a handle. It works well and doesn’t leave piece behind.

I use a long handled Weber wire brush and replace it ever 1-2 years even if it looks good. Before it starts shedding.

I only use it a little before cooking, after preheating the grill, before putting down some oil then closing the grill again to achieve desired temperature.

Back