• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Insurance Peeps, advice needed...

ellisat2

Reaction score
So I wrecked my car (hydroplaned on wet highway, no other cars involved), Adjuster told me it is likely totaled. I looked on KBB and my car in its condition is worth $8,500 sold to a private buyer and $6,500 trade-in.

Assuming the car is totaled, how does an insurance company value the car? How much should I expect to have to buy a new one?

but seriously, NADA/KBB + adjusters also look heavily into the market for your vehicle in your geographic area.

it's not a bad idea to scan the local papers/craigslist for cars similar to yours to see what they're going for on the actual open market

but seriously, NADA/KBB + adjusters also look heavily into the market for your vehicle in your geographic area.

it's not a bad idea to scan the local papers/craigslist for cars similar to yours to see what they're going for on the actual open market

This.

If you have a decent, reputable company, the adjuster will work with you if you can demonstrate a different amount based on published prices, such as autotrader, craigslist, etc.

Back