• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitino gone

Pitino not fired. He’s on unpaid leave... which is probably a contractual requirement.

It's the first step to firing according to a L'ville insider on ESPN.

His contract says it requires 10 days notice to fire him.

This sign must be prominent at the Louisville game:

JURICH - GONE!
PITINO - GONE!
PETRINO - ?!

Serious question....what would it take for the ACC to kick Louisville out of the conference? Can it be done?

Last edited:
Waitresses at Louisville-area Mexican restaurants better be on the lookout.

Good take by this Riley Johnston person.

I'll add that the model for paying players is staring us right in the face. Pay athlete stipends with athletic apparel money. These companies want access to players? Do it above board. Furnish them with clothes. Build brand loyalty for down the road. Stop adding millions to coaches' paychecks. Pay the players. Set a standard pay scale and get the apparel companies to pony up.

Good take by this Riley Johnston person.

I'll add that the model for paying players is staring us right in the face. Pay athlete stipends with athletic apparel money. These companies want access to players? Do it above board. Furnish them with clothes. Build brand loyalty for down the road. Stop adding millions to coaches' paychecks. Pay the players. Set a standard pay scale and get the apparel companies to pony up.

I can dig it.

Back