• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt Tickets

Yes, you can do that. But when people show up to your arena and want to walk inside, you should let them try to pay to do so.

Let me explain this another way:

In both the 2005-2006 and 2011-2012 seasons, scalping was allow on the Coliseum property. In 2005-2006 Wake averaged 14,655 attendees and in 2011-2012 Wake average 8,675 attendees. The loss of the 6,000 attendees per game was not due to the scalping policy, it was due to the product on the court. Wake has not even received votes in the AP top 25 poll since 2009 - not once did a [name redacted] team even receive a single vote. Let that sink in.

Attendance is up this year compared to 2010-2011 (when scalping was allowed). Plus, if scalping is really so important to you, you can buy tickets on the sidewalk as you walk to the stadium.

In both the 2005-2006 and 2011-2012 seasons, scalping was allow on the Coliseum property. In 2005-2006 Wake averaged 14,655 attendees and in 2011-2012 Wake average 8,675 attendees. The loss of the 6,000 attendees per game was not due to the scalping policy, it was due to the product on the court. Wake has not even received votes in the AP top 25 poll since 2009 - not once did a [name redacted] team even receive a single vote. Let that sink in.

Attendance is up this year compared to 2010-2011 (when scalping was allowed). Plus, if scalping is really so important to you, you can buy tickets on the sidewalk as you walk to the stadium.

I know, it's their property and they can do what they want. They can squeeze every last dollar out of the townies if they want to. I am naïve enough to think that Wake athletics might realize they have a) enough money and b) not enough fans, and act accordingly. That was my error.

I know, it's their property and they can do what they want. They can squeeze every last dollar out of the townies if they want to. I am naïve enough to think that Wake athletics might realize they have a) enough money and b) not enough fans, and act accordingly. That was my error.

What other industry allows or encourages the secondary market of their product on the premises?

jhmd2000, please help Wake Forest solve all of its problems with your pro bono consulting services.

In exchange we'll make suggestions on what UNC-CH needs to do to keep its accreditation.

There's a rent-a-cop near the entrance, scalpers hide from the main entrance at the side of the building or near the tunnel.

What other industry allows or encourages the secondary market of their product on the premises?

I get what you're saying, but who does it hurt (answer: Not Wake Forest)? If the worst thing that happens is your STHs can't recover a fraction of their investment (and you still make millions of t.v. dollars a year either way), Wake would just have to find a way to live with the additional fans it could add to its base.

Wake's attendance has nothing to do with scalping policies. Why is this so challenging to grasp? (Never mind, I just saw Biff's post and realized you're a tarheel fan).

jhmd2000, please help Wake Forest solve all of its problems with your pro bono consulting services.

In exchange we'll make suggestions on what UNC-CH needs to do to keep its accreditation.

As long as Wake charges $60,000.00 for the pleasure of your company, there will always be a market for admission at UNC.

I get what you're saying, but who does it hurt (answer: Not Wake Forest)? If the worst thing that happens is your STHs can't recover a fraction of their investment (and you still make millions of t.v. dollars a year either way), Wake would live.

You could make similar arguments for other industries. If I stand out of a legal practice and poach traffic tickets for reduced costs or inflated costs, that firm is still making money. No one is getting hurt.

You could make similar arguments for other industries. If I stand out of a legal practice and poach traffic tickets for reduced costs or inflated costs, that firm is still making money. No one is getting hurt.

We'll take it. Come by any time. We still get $10M Disney dollars annually because Florida State is good at football, right?

For what it's worth, the last time we received votes in the AP poll was actually the week of February 22, 2010, when we received two votes. The last time we were in the Top 25 was the prior week, February 15, 2010, when we were 23rd.

For what it's worth, the last time we received votes in the AP poll was actually the week of February 22, 2010, when we received two votes. The last time we were in the Top 25 was the prior week, February 15, 2010, when we were 23rd.

That hurts to read, mainly because there are some bad basketball teams in the back halves of the top 25s over that same time. This is the Kentucky and the 24 dwarves (no offense) era we're talking about.

Seems you guys need to learn how to recognize who has tickets for sale without looking for them being held in the air.

There a couple guys out front every game.

I was with 3 kids and we were approached asking if we needed tickets walking into the game last night.

I have a very unpredictable schedule and season tickets don't make sense for me. I usually don't know if I can go until shortly before game time. This policy has kept me away from the few games I could attend last minute.

I have a very unpredictable schedule and season tickets don't make sense for me. I usually don't know if I can go until shortly before game time. This policy has kept me away from the few games I could attend last minute.

Ok.

I have been asked if I had extra tickets by scalpers at almost every game this year, and probably scalped tickets for 5 games when I was able to bring my kids with me. I had no idea prior to opening this thread that there was anything different from years past. I do walk up from the tunnel/annex side so maybe that has something to do with it.

Back