• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pittsburgh (PNC Park)

Caturdayredux

Reaction score
I'm going to the Pirates-Cards game on Sunday (perhaps Monday too) and know absolutely nothing about Pittsburgh. I'm going with my dad who grew up there but he's old and goes to bed early so I'll be left to my own devices on Saturday night. I'm not sure where we're staying but somewhere near the stadium. Are there any decent bars nearby? We're going to try and play golf Sunday morning so I can't get too lost in the evening and show up shaky on the first tee.

I think we're getting tickets off stubhub. I don't know much about the stadium other than ticket pricing doesn't make any sense. It looks like tickets behind the Pirates' bench are twice as expensive as behind the Cardinals and a lot of seats farther from home plate actually cost more. My dad's been there a few times but got tickets through work.

Any advice?

The problem with PNC is that is somewhat isolated on that side of the river. There are bars there, but I'd imagine they will all be packed. After Tuesday, you realize Sunday will be the biggest game in the history of the PNC Park correct? I could have given you advice about going to the game when they were in the midst of their 20+ year losing season streak, but I have no idea what you'll be facing to get tickets to that game.

There is the bridge that will be closed off for the game so walking back to downtown is easy; you'll have many options.

Yea, tickets aren't going to be cheap but we don't mind paying so long as they're decent seats. The stubhub prices make no sense though. There's a pretty decent chance that Pittsburgh will be down 0-2 too.

I assume there are decent, young neighborhood bars. We haven't booked a hotel yet so I'm flexible.

First, I love the park. Such an awesome place to catch a ball game. The place should be rocking Sunday no matter what though. Byrne's is an ok spot but the other side of the river is where all the fun is.

We're staying at the "Omni William Penn" which is across the river from the stadium but I'm not sure if it's anywhere near where I want to be.

Pirates have a winning record against the Cards this year, so don't count them out yet. It also makes sense that the tickets behind the home dugout are more expensive than the ones behind the visitors dugout.

Pirates have a winning record against the Cards this year, so don't count them out yet. It also makes sense that the tickets behind the home dugout are more expensive than the ones behind the visitors dugout.

Take a look at stubhub, the prices are all over the place. I go to a fair number of Yankees/Mets/Phillies games but I've never seen such weird price distribution. I ended up just buying two tickets on the first base line. Hopefully, the Pirates will win and we can stick around to see the game Monday.

Not that I'm a Pittsburgh expert, but I've been to Pittsburgh 5 or 6 times in the last two years or so. Downtown is very small and PNC is on the North Side of the Allegheny River (just east of the confluence) from downtown. There are very few bars downtown, so you'll probably want to be on the North Shore anyway. Traffic in Pittsburgh is terrible when there is a game (as you can imagine, bridges and tunnels and old city streets don't take kindly to vehicles), so you'll want to walk and I believe that's pretty doable.
PNC park looks really cool. I've never been but you can see it clear as day from the interstate and one of my customers has an office in PPG One that looks right down into it...so that's kind of cool.

Back