• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Places to stay in Paris?

spiffylubes

Reaction score
So my fiancee and I are going to Paris for 3 nights in July (4th-7th) then on to London, but we're currently looking for places to stay in Paris. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations or just general location recommendations? Nicer hotels would be preferred.

Food recommendations are always appreciated as well!

So my fiancee and I are going to Paris for 3 nights in July (4th-7th) then on to London, but we're currently looking for places to stay in Paris. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations or just general location recommendations? Nicer hotels would be preferred.

so, i take it you have some $$$ to burn?

I'd recommend that K+K hotel. I just stayed there for 5 days over xmas break when my family went to Europe. It's a nice hotel and I don't think its outrageous. It's a 5 min walk from the Louvre Museum and its near 2 subway stations so you can get anywhere. One of them is literally right next to the hotel. They also gave some good recommendations for food. Also has pretty nice breakfast buffet.

There is a Michelin 2 star restaurant just down the street. We didn't go but its supposed to be good. I can get you some of the better restaurants we went to.

http://www.kkhotels.com/en/hotels/paris/k-k-hotel-cayre/welcome/

Anyone know any good 2 star hotels conveniently located?? -- planning a September visit

Thinking like 100-125 Euros a night...

We stayed here a few years ago and really enjoyed it: http://www.hotel-bel-ami.com/?lang=en

As for food, if you are looking at fancy, Pierre Gagnaire is incredible, and L'Atellier Joel Robuchon may be my favorite meal of all time. But the number of good food options in Paris is absurd, and it doesn't even have to cost a fortune.

We stayed here a few years ago and really enjoyed it: http://www.hotel-bel-ami.com/?lang=en

As for food, if you are looking at fancy, Pierre Gagnaire is incredible, and L'Atellier Joel Robuchon may be my favorite meal of all time. But the number of good food options in Paris is absurd, and it doesn't even have to cost a fortune.

This is so true. We stayed out in Montparnasse, and had great luck everywhere with amazing food. Just eat as much as you can while you're there.

I recommend the Paris Hilton.

[video=vimeo;5457127]http://vimeo.com/5457127[/video]

Anyone know any good 2 star hotels conveniently located?? -- planning a September visit

I stayed in this hotel a few years ago. It's a three star but pretty affordable. It's really close to a metro stop and a short walk to Notre Dame. Plus the Latin Quarter is a really fun area to stay in.

http://www.hotel-paris-stgermain.com/

Sorry this took so long, we are going to be in Paris at the same time, it would be nice to see someone walking around with a WF hat as usually when we go overseas all we see are UNC and DOOK hats and shirts, our travel agent has us in the Hotel Vernet, near the Arc de Triumph and the Hotel Intercontenital LeGrande, near the Paris Opera. We are going to Normandy for two nights in the middle so that is reason for two different hotels. Our agent gets us very good places to stay, not the 5 star places but the next level below. Hope this helps.

My wife and I stayed at this hotel linked below over Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. Really good value for the money. Nothing fancy, small rooms (like everywhere in Europe), but clean and nicely decorated, very helpful and nice staff, and incredibly good location in the 7th Arr., within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower, Tuileries, Invalides. Within a block of the hotel is a pedestrian market street, the Rue Cler, which is a real taste of old Paris.

http://www.hotelduchampdemars.com/

Last edited:
Sorry this took so long, we are going to be in Paris at the same time, it would be nice to see someone walking around with a WF hat as usually when we go overseas all we see are UNC and DOOK hats and shirts, our travel agent has us in the Hotel Vernet, near the Arc de Triumph and the Hotel Intercontenital LeGrande, near the Paris Opera. We are going to Normandy for two nights in the middle so that is reason for two different hotels. Our agent gets us very good places to stay, not the 5 star places but the next level below. Hope this helps.

And here's my two cents, having gone to Europe many times, which you can take or leave. Don't walk around wearing college or pro hats, T-shirts or jerseys. Nothing screams "Ugly American" like walking around Paris dressed like a tourist at Myrtle Beach. My wife and I were in a little cafe in Paris two years ago when two tables of fans from Ohio State and Wisconsin started talking loudly back and forth about the outcome of their latest game, like they were in a Buffalo Wild Wings at the mall. Totally obnoxious, and every Parisian in the cafe started rolling their eyes. My advice: Don't dress in a way that advertises where you're from, learn enough French (or German, or Italian, wherever you're going) to go into a bar, cafe, restaurant or food stall and order. At a minimum, learn and use the words
"please" and "thank you" in their own language. You will be amazed at how pleasant and nice they'll be to you -- even the allegedly arrogant Parisians -- if you don't dress or act like an American tourist and show some respect for them and their home. You'll have a much better time. Trust me. I've done it a lot.

And here is my 2 cents worth, People are obnoxious no matter what they wear, If you treat Parisians with respect they will do the same to you, feel free to wear a WF hat, noone in Paris will know what it means.

Stayed here two years ago. It's also in the 7th and has easy access to all of the things FreeState mentioned above. The hotel was small but great. They did send me an email 2 or 3 months later trying to stick me with bogus laundry charges. I replied to the email, at which point they apologized for their "mistake" and nothing ever hit the card.

We also stayed in an apartment last year that had a full view of Notre Dame for a very reasonable price. It was a three bedroom as we met friends there, but check out HomeAway and see if anything looks interesting to you. Apartment rentals are very common there. It was nice to have our own space, but the trade-off is a lack of services or amenities that a nice hotel has.

Back